• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Anthony Griffin going from coach to commentator seems weird. Some excellent insight no doubt but he just doesn't sound fit for the job.

Flem274*

123/5
Relieved to get the win but that was brave from the Titans. We were not connecting our final passes and you never want to be in a close game with Ben Cummins reffing. He is easily the worst match official across all sports in the Southern Hemisphere. I'm not sure he doesn't have the blood of French union refs running through his veins.

Titans have a few injuries so I guess from their pov it's a shame they didn't play this well earlier.

thierry henry

International Coach
Is Johnson better than Stacy Jones?
I’d be inclined to say no, even though I’m a much bigger fan of Johnson than I was of Jones. Johnson has all the skills whereas I always felt like Jones was pretty much a nippy, run-first guy who wasn’t really a well-rounded playmaker like the top Aussie halves and was probably a bit overrated by NZ fans.

I still want to say no though because Jones was basically Jones for a decade, whereas Johnson has had some good patches (2011, 2014-15, 2020, 2023) and also been really **** a lot of the time. There’s an argument as to whether he’s genuinely been **** or just **** relative to expectations, but to me Johnson has actually just sucked quite a lot.

Kraken

State Captain
With the missus (eels fan) and Kraken snr (even bigger dragons dribbler than me) at todays game. This has dragons by 2 or parra by 20+ all over it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With the missus (eels fan) and Kraken snr (even bigger dragons dribbler than me) at todays game. This has dragons by 2 or parra by 20+ all over it
Hoping the Eels give them a hiding so the Sharks still haven't actually beaten a top eight team.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’d be inclined to say no, even though I’m a much bigger fan of Johnson than I was of Jones. Johnson has all the skills whereas I always felt like Jones was pretty much a nippy, run-first guy who wasn’t really a well-rounded playmaker like the top Aussie halves and was probably a bit overrated by NZ fans.

I still want to say no though because Jones was basically Jones for a decade, whereas Johnson has had some good patches (2011, 2014-15, 2020, 2023) and also been really **** a lot of the time. There’s an argument as to whether he’s genuinely been **** or just **** relative to expectations, but to me Johnson has actually just sucked quite a lot.
Yeah Johnson is a genuinely odd player for a bloke so obviously gifted. He really does seem to mail it in for whole seasons at a time, but when he’s switched on he’s next level

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Missed the Warriors game tonight (there was a certain other game captivating my attention at the time), but it sounds like another nervy performance.

Hope we can shake off these jitters before the finals roll around.