• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's see about little Thomas' faith in his precious Manure:

Should they beat Arsenal, I'll change my signature to:
Manchester United 2003-04: The Greatest Side Ever

If they don't, little Tommy's becomes:
Arsenal 2003-04: The Greatest Side Ever

Whether he has the balls to follow through is another question.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
I do.

But you keep trying to tell me on MSN that if it is a draw, I should change, for some inexplicable reason.
I was under the impression that you were convincing it would be 4-1, and you ought to have faith in 'your boys'.

Nonetheless, at St. James' Park:

12'01" 0-1 David McNiven
74'19" 1-1 Dean Moxey
89'44" 2-1 Sean Devine
91'35" 2-2 Neil Durkin
92'51" 3-2 Sean Devine

:D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nothing could EVER persuade me to change my allegiance to another team (as we sink back into the bottom three following yet another defeat away from home, this time 2-1 to Sunderland).

I once went to a match and supported Swindon Town (I was working in Swindon at the time) but it just didn't feel right. Thankfully, I was able to lay that ghost a couple of weeks later when Derby played there.

nibbs

International Captain
thew. I was relived to see Chelsea edge past Wolves towards the end. That 5-2 win keeps us on track to finish 2nd.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Ah yes, beating Tottenham 3-0 thanks to 2 last minute goals really proves that you'll thrash an unbeaten Arsenal featuring the best striker in the world...

Who's the centre halves you're going to have?
I disagree. Andriy Shevchenko for me IMO.

I mean he has an execellent goal scoring record in Europe AFAIK it is better then Henry's.

He is the leading goal scorer in the Serie A which I consider to be the best league in the world (better goal keepers, defenders, midfielders, strikers, teams, managers etc.) is quite special IMO. Henry never played much when he was in Juve.

In fact Henry never played up front, instead on the wing.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Aint looking good for the bet. :(

BTW, Henry is the best forward, not striker.

Best striker has got to be a tie between Ronaldo and Ruud.

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Nothing could EVER persuade me to change my allegiance to another team (as we sink back into the bottom three following yet another defeat away from home, this time 2-1 to Sunderland).

An admirable quality, you must have a hell of a time supporting Derby and Derbyshire lol.....

At least Plymouth Argyle and South Africa usually do nicely for me when Im watching the Somerset Attack get hit to all parts of the county....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
An admirable quality, you must have a hell of a time supporting Derby and Derbyshire lol.....

At least Plymouth Argyle and South Africa usually do nicely for me when Im watching the Somerset Attack get hit to all parts of the county....
I've had the pleasure of watching my team win the Football League twice and of getting to the European Cup semi-final.

On the cricket front, a couple of wonderful days at Lord's.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
They have pretty similar scoring records.
Yes, but only one of them has a woeful record of not scoring gilt-edged chances (and it's not the one at Real Madrid)

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
My vote goes to the little Brazilian porker
Yeah he has a nickname in Australia called The Colonial (in reference to KFC).

I would take Raul over Ronaldo anyday. Regardless if Ronaldo used to play for Inter...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Yes, but only one of them has a woeful record of not scoring gilt-edged chances (and it's not the one at Real Madrid)
Yes, but that means Ruud creates more chances for himself than Ronaldo.

Craig

World Traveller
No matter how bad Ruud might be, I would be surprised if he wasnt sold (and that aint going to happen) for at least £25-30m as Fergie would put as high as price as he could get.

In fact Chelski once said they are prepared to pay up to £60m for him and £50m for Henry.

The way things stand, Henry will likely be for at least £40m.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Yes, but that means Ruud creates more chances for himself than Ronaldo.
No, it means that the team create more chances for him.

Ronaldo creates far more chances for himself than Horse does.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Horse?!?

Ronaldo is so fat, I dont see how he could create a chance for himself.

The only reason he scores as much as he does is because of the brilliant team he plays for.

I reckon they are even.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
Never noticed how much RVN looks like a Horse?

Tom Halsey said:
Ronaldo is so fat, I dont see how he could create a chance for himself.
Hmm, could it be his pace and touch?

Tom Halsey said:
The only reason he scores as much as he does is because of the brilliant team he plays for.
Oh, the irony...

Has he not done it at EVERY team he's been at, as well at International level (when Horse isn't even a regular starter)

Tom Halsey said:
I reckon they are even.
In your dreams.