• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good wicket for 18yr old Schreuder, bowling Dale Phillips. Otago seem to be having quite a good Ford Trophy campaign.

Was hoping Taylor Bettelheim (@Howsie rates him I believe) might get a game for CD after doing well in the early season A side games. Not sure if he's injured as he didn't feature for Hawkes Bay in their Hawke Cup game. CD batting could do with a change.
Not sure why but Bettelheim is playing club cricket in Hawkes Bay but Hawke Cup/rep level for Wairarapa. Believe he has also played in the Wairarapa club T20 so all seems a bit strange. I hope he does get a go soon

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I think the loss today eliminates ND from the Ford Trophy. They are passed by Auckland to qualify for the 2nd v 3rd eliminator.

Immenso

This was his farewell game – he's retired now.
Didn't realise that.

A favourite Newton moment, When an at-the-time fringe provincial club cricketer got himself in the mainstream news:
Right move in wrong clothes costs cricket fan $100,000
By Teuila Fuatai
17 Jan, 2014 05:30 AM

Stopping for a drink on the way to the cricket may have cost Wellington man Ollie Newton the prize of a lifetime.

Mr Newton, a tax consultant, was with two mates cheering New Zealand on to victory when a ball hit for six by Jesse Ryder came their way at Wellington's Cake Tin during Wednesday's Twenty20 match against the West Indies.

Despite being midway through a pottle of hot chips, Mr Newton caught the ball cleanly with one hand.

Hundreds of others attending in orange Tui shirts would have won $100,000 for the same catch, but Mr Newton was wearing his work suit.

Mr Newton said he and his friends had stopped for a few drinks on their way to the stadium and, by the time they tried to buy a T-shirt at the gate, they had all been sold.

A competition being run by the Tui brewery over 12 days of cricket offers $100,000 at each game to the first registered person wearing an orange competition shirt and lanyard who makes a clean, one-handed catch of a ball hit for six.
Being caught on television missing out on the prize had resulted in "plenty of banter in the office and from my mates and stuff," Mr Newton said.
Last week, a fan in Hamilton won $100,000 for catching a six hit by West Indian Kieran Powell.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a good year to be a K Clarke with a bat in your hand

KD (Katene) Clarke - averaged 17 in Super Smash, 16 in Ford Trophy, 9 in Plunket Shield
KDC (Kristian) Clarke - 8 in Super Smash, 2 in Ford Trophy, 16 in Plunket Shield

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not a good year to be a K Clarke with a bat in your hand

KD (Katene) Clarke - averaged 17 in Super Smash, 16 in Ford Trophy, 9 in Plunket Shield
KDC (Kristian) Clarke - 8 in Super Smash, 2 in Ford Trophy, 16 in Plunket Shield
Lucky one takes wickets the other puts the side under pressure every single game.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Otago v Auckland doesn't seem to be on https://scoring.nzc.nz/ for some reason.

Can see there were a couple of NZ Development XI vs Wellington A matches I didn't know about. Looks like a good time with the bat for Severin from Wellington A and Sunde from NZXI. The NZXI bowlers got pumped though.

DougieRydal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Great day for the Ford Trophy, a Saturday when everyone is playing cricket. I guess with the T20 starting at 1pm on Sunday, they couldn't clash with that. I'd wager a guess it's been a while since the Ford Trophy Final was televised?

Immenso

O'Rourke and Foulkes are so good to LHers that poor old George Worker is doing a Bruce Edgar impersonation.

However. Pretty lengths but no poles or pads.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Great day for the Ford Trophy, a Saturday when everyone is playing cricket. I guess with the T20 starting at 1pm on Sunday, they couldn't clash with that. I'd wager a guess it's been a while since the Ford Trophy Final was televised?
A long time since it was televised on TVNZ. Used to love it when the old Shell Cup semis and final were on in TV1 in the 90's before Sky. Was a rare chance to see domestic cricket on TV. Great crowds too, the Shell Cup final used to fill Lancaster Park.