• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Didn’t realise Tonu’u had actually played for Samoa! Played with former ND man Jimmy Baker. Could have been a very handy keeper if he’d gone the cricket route. Read looks such a natural with the bat.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Didn't Team Cricket get the memo that this is meant to be a close game decided in the last over? Keeping on Riley McCullum who seems like quite a decent off-spinner felt a tad unfair.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Surprised they've gone with Eden Park ... to be fair both it and the Outer Oval are pretty terrible for a final from a field size and dimension point of view.

Annoying that once again the Blaze miss out on a home final because it's played at the men's venue. And if the Firebirds finish second they will miss out on a home semi because it's played at the women's venue. 😒

Between that, early season weather, players being rested and injuries, it hasn't been a great Super Smash season in Wellington. Haven't even managed to get to a game at the Basin yet, they've all been on workdays or rained out, apart from the game vs CD where pretty much the entire team was missing and it wasn't worth heading along. But I'll be going tomorrow for the final home game!

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Surprised they've gone with Eden Park ... to be fair both it and the Outer Oval are pretty terrible for a final from a field size and dimension point of view.

Annoying that once again the Blaze miss out on a home final because it's played at the men's venue. And if the Firebirds finish second they will miss out on a home semi because it's played at the women's venue. 😒

Between that, early season weather, players being rested and injuries, it hasn't been a great Super Smash season in Wellington. Haven't even managed to get to a game at the Basin yet, they've all been on workdays or rained out, apart from the game vs CD where pretty much the entire team was missing and it wasn't worth heading along. But I'll be going tomorrow for the final home game!
They'll want maximum value out of being inside, between the T20 vs Pakistan, 2 vs Australia & the 3 group matchdays. Once the Aces took the lead, I saw this coming. If I didn't live so far away I'd go.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah this is not one of my most thoroughly researched estimations, I'm basing it on a photo of him with Wagner and Somerville, his listed height online of 186cm (although listed heights for cricketers tend to be pretty useless), the general impression I had of his height, and one time when I saw him at the beach.