• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fleming never bowled in a test so I reckon its longest test career without bowling - Knotty looks the best bet as the previous holder of that record

Precambrian

Banned
Fleming never bowled in a test so I reckon its longest test career without bowling - Knotty looks the best bet as the previous holder of that record
I think it's Ian Healy who holds that record than Ian Fleming with 119 test matches without a bowl as compared to Fleming's 111.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q20. Was it previously Alan Knott's record? ......NO

That ends the permitted 20 questions. So I will go to the correct answer.

Fleming is the first player (not a wicket keeper) who played over 100 Test matches in his entire career (111 actually) and yet was not called upon to deliver a single ball in a match.

He beat the record of Peter May (66) and went on to establish a huge lead.

Its going to be difficult to catch up. Strauss is the nearest amongst with 68 matches still to go. Alistair Cook was next in line on 30 but he bowled an over at Lord's this summer and the next, Devon Smith (24 Tests) is so far behind we can rule him out.

We give it to fredfertang to ask the next for he did get it even if a trifle late and with a bit of a doubt/qualification :)

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a feeling it had something to do with Fleming, went down the wrong track with my question on captaincy though. ;)

Precambrian

Banned
Can i try, this is one i stumbled upon. and i think it has to be a record, in case if it's not, pardon (despite my extensive tries to authenticate it)

Englishman, holder of a unique test record.

Precambrian

Banned
Na, i truncate it. I had Graham Gooch in mind, who played under 11 captains during his test career, including himself, which i thought was a record. I jus came to understand that Inzamam-ul-haq of Pakistan has played under 12 (including G Smith for super test).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay here goes.

I once held five world records. (at least) One has since been over taken but I still hold another four. Who am I and what are these records.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q1. Are these batting records? .... Yes and NO. (They are mixed)

Q2. Are you Don Bradman? ..... NO