• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name ONE GOOD Reason Why Your Team Won’t Win The 2023 Cricket World Cup?

Molehill

International Captain
England's spinners are not good enough, they once were but not convinced anymore.

Having said that, Chris Hinton has just announced that England will win the World Cup, so what do I know?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Our spin looks a little thin.

EDIT: I see I'm rather stepping on Moley's reason. Let's say Chris Woakes won't be bowling in home conditions.

Silver Silva

International Regular
For Sri Lanka I feel we lack world class batsmen and fast bowlers ,

The top 3 of Nissanka-Karunaratne-Mendis are solid if not unspectacular and just can't compete with the firepower other teams have ..

Maheesha Pathirana and Dilshan Madushanka have talent but are still young and inexperienced..

What gives me hope is in the spin bowling department..

In DDS , Hasaranga , Wellalage and Theekshana we have great variety of spin options that are also able to fit into an XI cause of their batting abilities..

Andyhere

International 12th Man
India will lose because of lack of good fielders. Outside of Jadeja, Kohli and may be Iyer rest of the team is just mediocre at best as far as fielding. They are not natural athletes, but are slow and that will make a massive difference in a tight game.