• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My thoughts...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Prince EWS said:
I'd like to see a modification to the career player feature.

I'd like to see a career player "mode", where you only play as your career player, and basically have AI v AI for the remaining players in the match.
Yeah, that'd be cool. They could make it really good and make you have to impress in state/grade cricket - and during games get specific instructions - ie; "Bat time, hang on for the draw", "Give as much strike to blahblah as possible" and "Keep things tight", "Go all out for that wicket".

FIELDING would be incredibly boring...!

Josh

International Regular
Yeh multiple career modes would be a great idea.

I am really getting annoyed with bowling at 65 km/h all the time tho. I tend to bowl "slower balls" a lot as they get up to 101 km/h :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Even spinners bowl faster than that :D

I've only just learnt how to swing & drift :-O Bowling is so fun, I love it. Mixing it up, using real tactics. One review I read said "It was said that 'Batting is a pleasure, bowling is chore' yet the reverse is evident in RPIC 2005." I would say they've done really well in making bowling fun, and I also find batting fun aswell, especially when you have to claw your way to like 20 off 100 balls.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Josh said:
Yeh multiple career modes would be a great idea.

I am really getting annoyed with bowling at 65 km/h all the time tho. I tend to bowl "slower balls" a lot as they get up to 101 km/h :p
I got my fast bowler up a rating of 100, and his fastest was about 130kph

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Even spinners bowl faster than that :D

I've only just learnt how to swing & drift :-O Bowling is so fun, I love it. Mixing it up, using real tactics. One review I read said "It was said that 'Batting is a pleasure, bowling is chore' yet the reverse is evident in RPIC 2005." I would say they've done really well in making bowling fun, and I also find batting fun aswell, especially when you have to claw your way to like 20 off 100 balls.

yeah i love bowling in a cricket game for the first time, its brilliant :)

Josh

International Regular
Paid The Umpire said:
Great game but Auto-Play would make it better by a million degrees.
Yeh it would somewhat but I'm finding it only really takes 3 hours to complete a test match day (give or take maybe 20 minutes).

My 50 over one-dayer hasn't been as qucik tho lol. Been about a month since I started that one.

Lonie_From_50

Cricket Spectator
Re: Slow Scoring

It is funny, especially the classic match when i was bowling with Australia v India. World Cup Final, require 360 to win the cup, and in an unrealistic attempt, they were 1-16 after 10 overs...did annoy me though, because there goal wasn't to win, it was to stop me getting wickets :D

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C. Goyler is a poor mans A. Prints.

But seriously, they need to make the computer to be able to judge a run better, not taking singles to fine leg is doggish.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Currently batting as South Africa against Pakistan on test level.

0/28 from 14.0 overs
G Smith 14* (48)
AB de Villiers 9* (41)

S Akhtar 7-5-16-0
M Sami 7-0-12-0

Akhti bowling some serious heat, getting into the 166's

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Currently batting as South Africa against Pakistan on test level.

0/28 from 14.0 overs
G Smith 14* (48)
AB de Villiers 9* (41)

S Akhtar 7-5-16-0
M Sami 7-0-12-0

Akhti bowling some serious heat, getting into the 166's
It's the slower ball from him that always kills me. I made 219 against England after they were all out for 156, Harmison taking 4 and Jones 3.

And for the first time ever, I ran out the computer. I'd changed my field by putting a man on the long on boundary, the ball was hit to long off and they went for a second and Trescothick was caught way short.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
An update..

South Africa 0/50 from 28.0 overs
G Smith 23* (86)
AB de Villiers 14* (91)

S Akhti 13-9-19-0
M Sami 14-3-27-0
S Ahmed 1-1-0-0

Graeme Smith leading by example, grinding out the runs, turning 0s into 1s.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
im currently playing sri lanka on test level
currently

New Zealand 205\6 157 overs

N Astle 45* (112)
B McCullum 12 (120)

i was about 15\4 until i realised you could'nt slog and had to build an innings its taken ages but its been great fun

Blaze

Banned
That classic match India vs Aus where you have to get India to 360, I did it in 25 overs with 9 wickets down. Good fun.

Lonie_From_50

Cricket Spectator
Classic Match 9 is still a bum, just can't manage to do it. I haven't had experience on test level, so i can use that as an excuse. The fast bowlers are just so hard to hit!

Josh

International Regular
Blaze said:
meh I just slog my way to 200 and then bowl the opposition out easy.
I do that but watch them score at 2.5 an over in an ODI.

Ah well like someone said set aggressive fields and the AI will score.

Rohan 1000

Cricket Spectator
Robertinho said:
It's an awesome game. Way better than Cricket 2005. What really impressed me is how the scores are realistic and the fielding placements are actually effective. On Cricket 2005, you can six hit down the ground every ball for the first 10 overs and make about 200. But in this, you actually have to play proper shots, which makes it great fun.

This leads to more realistic scores, which to me is the second most important thing - behind how enjoyable it is. I recently had the West Indies 3/98 after 30 overs in an ODI - they then exploded and got to about 3/160 after 39 overs - Warne had figures of about 7-1-50-0, we then got them all out for 172 and Warne finished with 10-4-50-3.

Great game, though I've been playing it on Xbox, will have to get the PC version.

(And I love how they conveniently added a feature to edit the names :D "A Simms" for Australia - why is he white?!)
yeah i thought cricket 05 was a bit un realistic til i saw the rain come falling down at lords it iss very easy to score runs my highest partnership is 789 and i know 2 cheats try to hit a six miss time it and when the fielder is about to catch it press start and he will drop same if it goes along the ground and the other one if you want know you will have to make me your buddy