• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MWM draft

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Pick a Text XI subject to the rules:
1) No Bradman
2) Each player must have played Test cricket, and must have a different "most wickets in a single Test" number.

(So you can only pick at most one person who never took a wicket in Tests; and you couldn't (for example) pick both Wasim Raja (best match figures 6-86) and Winston Benjamin (best match figures 6-105)).

Last edited:

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I’m having hard time understanding the rule. So I have to pick a player who took most wickets in single innings
You have to pick different players with different most wickets in matches. Like if you take Tom Hartley and his most wickets in a match is 9; you can't take anyone else who's most wickets in a match is 9.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Also, one question @AndrewB what about the keeper? As they are almost guaranteed to not have a wicket in most conditions; do we get a special pick for them? Or on picking most keepers we can't have a bat without a Test wicket?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm having some difficulty finding the required data. Most sources only show best innings performances and more outstanding (eg 15+) match tallies. For instance, I note Hutton has 3 Test wickets. His best innings performance is 1-2 but did he do anything in the other innings?
capt_Luffy also makes a good point re 'keepers. Does this then preclude batsmen (eg Sutcliffe) who have no Test wickets if the 'keeper never bowled?

capt_Luffy

International Regular
One would assume so. Quite a few keepers have (a) test wicket (s) though.
Most of the wk I thought about including in my team (and by most, I meant upto 10 Aussie and English keeps, 8 SA, etc.) only 3-4 have a Test wicket; not to mention they also only have 1 wicket which again disqualifies a huge no of valuable batsmen.

ataraxia

International Coach
I'm having some difficulty finding the required data. Most sources only show best innings performances and more outstanding (eg 15+) match tallies. For instance, I note Hutton has 3 Test wickets. His best innings performance is 1–2 but did he do anything in the other innings?
I think cricinfo is fine for this. Hutton's best match performance is also 1–2.