• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Missed Out in 2024 Polls" Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
This draft is similar to the "Also Rans" draft I conducted back in 2022. However, the exclusions are far more far reaching. In 2022 the exclusions comprised five XIs made up of the leading players in the 2022 polls. Our 2024 draft will exclude every player who made our Top 60 Batsmen list, our Top 60 Bowlers list and our Top 15 Wicketkeepers list. The poll for this latter list will commence following the completion of out Top 60 bowlers list today and will take just 5 days to compile.
In addition to these exclusions, participants can only select players with a minimum of 10 Test games to their name. This is to preclude the likes of Barry Richards. Procter etc who, in the eyes of some, are ATGs.
We will commence drafting a week from now with the usual rules. Randomised order for Round One, reversed for Round Two etc. 12 hour time limit for First round with 8 hour limits thereafter.
Please express your interest and raise any questions/concerns between now and this time next week.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I'm interested but don't remember the top 15 keepers' list.

Could you please provide the names of those keepers?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In

The poll for this latter list will commence following the completion of out Top 60 bowlers list today and will take just 5 days to compile.
Thanks. I need to improve my reading comprehension.

The risk is that some drafters may submit "unusual" votes such as Kamran Akmal as a top 15 keeper in order to save a few more good keepers for the draft.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
In

Also, I think there should also be an All rounders' poll, or many good all rounders will be available here.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
In

Also, I think there should also be an All rounders' poll, or many good all rounders will be available here.
You make a valid point. However there are many all-rounders already listed in either our batsmen or bowlers poll. I can name 12+ (Sobers, Imtran, Kallis, Hammond, Hadlee, Lindwall, Miller, S.Pollock, Jadeja, Botham, Dev, Davidson, Benaud) without going in too deep. If we restrict 'keepers by precluding the top 15, I think we can adequately preclude the majority of all-rounders that might make a Top 15 poll. Perhaps I'll conduct a poll after the draft to see how accurate I was.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
You make a valid point. However there are many all-rounders already listed in either our batsmen or bowlers poll. I can name 12+ (Sobers, Imtran, Kallis, Hammond, Hadlee, Lindwall, Miller, S.Pollock, Jadeja, Botham, Dev, Davidson, Benaud) without going in too deep. If we restrict 'keepers by precluding the top 15, I think we can adequately preclude the majority of all-rounders that might make a Top 15 poll. Perhaps I'll conduct a poll after the draft to see how accurate I was.
Agree. Also Ashwin, S Waugh, and Simpson and of course Procter and Rice can't be picked.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
We will start later today once the Top 15 Wicketkeepers has been settled and added below.

The randomized draw is:

Round 1 (12 hour limit)
Silver Silva
AndrewB
howitzer
CricAddict
Fuller Pilch
capt_Luffy
trundler
ataraxia
Line and Length
Pothas
JOJOXI
Teuton
Bitmap
HeathDavisSpeed

Exclusions: (also excluded are players with fewer than 10 Tests)
D. Bradman
S. Tendulkar
J. Hobbs
G. Sobers
L. Hutton
B. Lara
V. Richards
*S.Smith
S. Gavaskar
W. Hammond
H. Sutcliffe
G. Headley