• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's English Season Photos 2005

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Its in 2004.. The batsman is Glamorgan's Jon Hughes, the guy taking the catch is Jon Francis, watched by Simon Francis, Rob Turner, Ricky Ponting and others.. the bowler was Ian Blackwell

The cool thing is how Jon wanted prints done afterwards!
Hughes or Francis? :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
PY said:
How did you get in contact with him? Do you have some way of getting the players to see them?
Not really.. I submit them to a guy who has some fairly loose links with the players and Franco got in touch with him..

I'm not sure what the players do for photos, whether they want them or not... But I wouldn't mind doing them free of charge, I just don't really know how to get in touch.. Plus they probably get them off proper journos anyway :)

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Hi there..

I shoot with a Fuji Finepix S5000 with a Raynox teleconverter 2X lens... I find my results are improving, although the major disadvantage of not having a Digital SLR is the timing of the shots and the milliseconds my camera uses up on focusing on the image.. Still I can compensate for that, and I can't wait until I take some snaps in SA because the light affords you so much more scope for experimenting than the rather watery sun you get in England.. I take it you shoot for a hobby, or do you work for a paper? Nice talking anyhoo
I shoot for a hobby atm, but would love to go pro.. what better occupation allows you to watch the game you love and get paid for it?

Your certainly right about the 2X converter disadvantage (in England) no doubt you will be fine when you get to SA... its the same in Australia... where light conditions come summer time are fantastic.

Love the last shot you posted, you got it just at the right moment, a millisecond afterwards and you would have missed out!

It is harder living in Australia (as opposed to England) in taking sports photographs, in that there are no-where near as many matches being played (at domestic level) and the venues are hours away -Melbourne Cricket Ground is the closest venue from South Australia...over 8 hours drive.
As I am from England I find that there is nothing quite like English grounds, I fondly remember going to Blackpool (Stanley Park ground) lazing back on a deck chair whilst watching a Lancs v India 'A' match in 2003 -and getting burnt to buggery! :blowup:

Best of luck with your photography... on what is the greatest game on Earth!

P.s: I have also given some of my photographs to cricketers (Warne, Langer, Lehmann etc) at my own cost... they do appretiate it and a little generosity goes a long way.

Langeveldt

Soutie
BARMY_LAD said:
I shoot for a hobby atm, but would love to go pro.. what better occupation allows you to watch the game you love and get paid for it?

Your certainly right about the 2X converter disadvantage (in England) no doubt you will be fine when you get to SA... its the same in Australia... where light conditions come summer time are fantastic.

Love the last shot you posted, you got it just at the right moment, a millisecond afterwards and you would have missed out!

It is harder living in Australia (as opposed to England) in taking sports photographs, in that there are no-where near as many matches being played (at domestic level) and the venues are hours away -Melbourne Cricket Ground is the closest venue from South Australia...over 8 hours drive.
As I am from England I find that there is nothing quite like English grounds, I fondly remember going to Blackpool (Stanley Park ground) lazing back on a deck chair whilst watching a Lancs v India 'A' match in 2003 -and getting burnt to buggery! :blowup:

Best of luck with your photography... on what is the greatest game on Earth!

P.s: I have also given some of my photographs to cricketers (Warne, Langer, Lehmann etc) at my own cost... they do appretiate it and a little generosity goes a long way.

Thats cool! Yeah I'm about a km away from the county ground here at Taunton.. When i was in Derby there were three FC grounds within 20 miles of me! Mad, and there are four FC grounds around Johburg which is cool.. Yeah so i'll go and get some prints done for Smithers then, glad you said that.. Best of luck with your stuff as well

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Thats cool! Yeah I'm about a km away from the county ground here at Taunton.. When i was in Derby there were three FC grounds within 20 miles of me! Mad, and there are four FC grounds around Johburg which is cool.. Yeah so i'll go and get some prints done for Smithers then, glad you said that.. Best of luck with your stuff as well
Admit it you have an uncanny knack of finding where to live near a cricket ground :D or at least your parents do.

For me, I have to travel to Brisbane to watch some FC cricket, which is over an hour away.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
Admit it you have an uncanny knack of finding where to live near a cricket ground :D or at least your parents do.

For me, I have to travel to Brisbane to watch some FC cricket, which is over an hour away.
In October I arrive in Port Elizabeth.. and will be living about 100 metres from St.George's park..

Looks like I've inherited my parents knack..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I particularly liked the Shane Watson picture a lot.

You have a great talent for photography as I have seen also from the scenery pictures of yours.

Keep up improving on a dear love of yours.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Went into Jessops today to get prints done for Sanath + Smithy.. Cost me a shedload, and they managed to trash my memory card in the process..

Shant be doing that again... They'd better like it :@

V Reddy

International Debutant
Great Photos as usual. Ever tried other sports ? I think you would be just too good with your talent and lens there too as one is much closer to the action in sports like Badminton, Tennis,etc,.

Langeveldt

Soutie
V Reddy said:
Great Photos as usual. Ever tried other sports ? I think you would be just too good with your talent and lens there too as one is much closer to the action in sports like Badminton, Tennis,etc,.
I've been asked to do a bit of rugby which I found harder but a good challenge nontheless.. I'm too busy playing badminton to photograph it, and havent really done much apart from cricket to be honest..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Langeveldt by Langeveldt!

What a pleasure it is seeing one of my favourite sportsmen playing a proper game of cricket on a lovely hot day.. And well bowled Charl, not bad for a first trundle off the plane!

Attachments