• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's English Season Photos 2005

PY

International Coach
The picture of Martyn or which part of Martyn the picture is of? :p

Good work, especially like the Hayden one because you can see the fielder who the ball appears to be going to and the ball is still in shot.

BARMY_LAD

Cricket Spectator
Agreed...great work Langveldt, the pictures appear in focus and the hayden one esp has the ball and fieldsman in picture... Kodak moment... (although I'm a fuji man myself :D )
I am also a keen photographer, I shoot with a Canon EOS 300... yes I am still on the film and haven’t converted yet, I use a 75-300mm lens with a 2X converter for my shots... which works well in the Australian sun... What camera do you use and what lenses?
Digital is doing wonders, although its amazing that the 18+ mp cameras (film equivalent quality) have only recently been released on the market!
For convenience purposes I shall soon be turning to the dark side for a more convenient less time consuming process.

Langeveldt

Soutie
BARMY_LAD said:
Agreed...great work Langveldt, the pictures appear in focus and the hayden one esp has the ball and fieldsman in picture... Kodak moment... (although I'm a fuji man myself :D )
I am also a keen photographer, I shoot with a Canon EOS 300... yes I am still on the film and haven’t converted yet, I use a 75-300mm lens with a 2X converter for my shots... which works well in the Australian sun... What camera do you use and what lenses?
Digital is doing wonders, although its amazing that the 18+ mp cameras (film equivalent quality) have only recently been released on the market!
For convenience purposes I shall soon be turning to the dark side for a more convenient less time consuming process.
Hi there..

I shoot with a Fuji Finepix S5000 with a Raynox teleconverter 2X lens... I find my results are improving, although the major disadvantage of not having a Digital SLR is the timing of the shots and the milliseconds my camera uses up on focusing on the image.. Still I can compensate for that, and I can't wait until I take some snaps in SA because the light affords you so much more scope for experimenting than the rather watery sun you get in England.. I take it you shoot for a hobby, or do you work for a paper? Nice talking anyhoo

Chubb

International Regular
That is a great picture, fantastic timing. I have a Fujifilm s5000 as well, albeit without a telescopic lens- I do have a 10X Zoom on it though. I'm not too big on photograhy I just like to take it to the cricket and on any trips to dartmoor/exmoor.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
some great pictures rich, especially the last one. you just do it for a hobby, right?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Barney Rubble said:
That's a great pic - what's the match, and who's batting/catching etc?
Its in 2004.. The batsman is Glamorgan's Jon Hughes, the guy taking the catch is Jon Francis, watched by Simon Francis, Rob Turner, Ricky Ponting and others.. the bowler was Ian Blackwell

The cool thing is how Franco wanted prints done afterwards!

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
andyc said:
some great pictures rich, especially the last one. you just do it for a hobby, right?
I'm semi-pro, I do it for a bit of money, but I don't live off it or anything.. I'd still do it if I didn't get anything for it anyway.. Im thinking about giving Smithy and Jayasuriya a print from the Aussie game..

PY

International Coach
How did you get in contact with him? Do you have some way of getting the players to see them?