• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis Vs Sobers

The better allrounder?

• Total voters

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Now that we've gotten a better understanding about how good Sobers really was, you can compare them fairly.
Unfortunately the "better understanding" is just a figment of your imagination.

Precambrian said:
George Bush was elected twice to the White house.

..........and I bet those that stood against him are kicking themselves for wasting their time - similar to those who've bothered with this thread.

archie mac

International Coach
The problem is, you can't begin to say Kallis is great because almost invariably you're met with "Sobers is better" when he wasn't in some respects. For example, a lot of the same people in this thread used to say, "Sobers was better than Harmison, so don't even TRY to compare Kallis." Now that we've gotten a better understanding about how good Sobers really was, you can compare them fairly.
You have repeated yourself that much, you somehow think people are starting to fall for it, when in fact most people on here would vote the same way again tomorrow:ph34r:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You have repeated yourself that much, you somehow think people are starting to fall for it, when in fact most people on here would vote the same way again tomorrow:ph34r:

It really needs a Miller v Kallis thread then we would see Kallis's stats dissected to prove how crap he really is.:)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You ****s are ****ing still going on with this ****. FFS three or four days ago, weren't you going to stop?

(Not you Archie, talking the main statistical protagonists on here).

Go out and hit some ****ing cricket balls; play tennis, golf, touch footy or get hit by a ****ing bus.

Anything except more of this crap. Please.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It really needs a Miller v Kallis thread then we would see Kallis's stats dissected to prove how crap he really is.:)
And ironically by the same person :)

Come on, let's make it, a Kallis vs Miller thread...That'll be interesting, to say the least...

Or, better, let us all agree that Warne>Bradman>Miller>Lillee>Ponting>>>>Kallis>>>>>>All the lesser mortals who ever dared to play the great game of cricket......and after that hopefully we won't be tortured with these 30 page long threads any more, well hopefully...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You ****s are ****ing still going on with this ****. FFS three or four days ago, weren't you going to stop?

Go out and hit some ****ing cricket balls; play tennis, golf, touch footy or get hit by a ****ing bus.

Did all that yesterday, those Western Nationals are a menace on the roads.

Evermind

International Debutant
And ironically by the same person :)

Come on, let's make it, a Kallis vs Miller thread...That'll be interesting, to say the least...

Or, better, let us all agree that Warne>Bradman>Miller>Lillee>Ponting>>>>Kallis>>>>>>All the lesser mortals who ever dared to play the great game of cricket......and after that hopefully we won't be tortured with these 30 page long threads any more, well hopefully...
Hmm...Murali > Warne IMO.

This gives me an idea for a poll and a thread...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Do you think Sobers was a better bowler than Harmison? Recognising the fact that he has trouble even in a comparison with Kallis as a bowler?

I wasn't talking about others changing the vote, but becoming a tad more clearer who Sobers the bowler was.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Do you think Sobers was a better bowler than Harmison? Recognising the fact that he has trouble even in a comparison with Kallis as a bowler?

I wasn't talking about others changing the vote, but becoming a tad more clearer who Sobers the bowler was.

I don't know about better, but I am thinking of word beginning with V, when comparing their bowling

Also Sobers being his teams No.1 batsman had much more work, so a much fairer comparison with Kallis

Well I don't want to go through Sobers the bowler again, but I did not know how far his SR was away from the Ave of his time, so I did learn something, the problem was I learned that is your first six posts:wacko: But still was an interesting fact:)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Well I don't want to go through Sobers the bowler again, but I did not know how far his SR was away from the Ave of his time, so I did learn something, the problem was I learned that is your first six posts:wacko: But still was an interesting fact:)

That was done to death a long time ago Arch, and explained. It first came up because of BS and his rather unhealthy obcession with Imran Khan.

Precambrian

Banned

That's a ****ing **** rant mate. That you cannot but **** all over Sir Gary should not be the case not to encourage those who do not suck upto his ****. This is not a ****ing ****cracy.

Burgey

T'aint the arguments mate, it's the fact they've been repeated over and over again. The first few pages were interesting reading. But the last however many have been like a re-run.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
T'aint the arguments mate, it's the fact they've been repeated over and over again. The first few pages were interesting reading. But the last however many have been like a re-run.
You could of course just not bother reading threads that you consider **** from the moment they first turn into the afforementioned ****. A bit like the Draft threads.:-O

Burgey

True. It just took longer than I thought to dawn on me that I was essentially reading the same thing again and again.

Old age is a terrible thing :ph34r:

Uppercut

True. It just took longer than I thought to dawn on me that I was essentially reading the same thing again and again.

Old age is a terrible thing :ph34r: