• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Woodcock's 100 Greatest Cricketers

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the history of Test cricket and the domination of Ashes games in that early history, it would be expected that there might be a predominance of 'white' players in a list compiled by an English writer.
The fact that there are about 30 players who might be described as 'non'-white' would indicate a fairly open-minded approach when compiling this list.
Those bringing up the 'white' issue are either over-sensitive or, dare I say it, guilty of a form of racism.
@kyear 's comment (above) is the most accurate take.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Reverse racism in my mind sounds like discriminating against people based on a non-race basis.

Something I may or may not support lol

capt_Luffy

International Vice-Captain
It's like a wife murdering a husband, or an accountant murdering a gang member, and calling it "reverse murder"
How come a wife murdering a husband is reverse murder and not vice versa???? Also then, can a husband murdering his wife be called "reverse reverse murder"?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How come a wife murdering a husband is reverse murder and not vice versa???? Also then, can a husband murdering his wife be called "reverse reverse murder"?
Hard hitting questions. You probably want answers from a reliable source rather than someone who thought "TheJediBrah" was a cool name

ma1978

State Captain
It’s that a list written in 1997 is so disrespectful of the West Indies who at that exact moment were coming of the greatest period of dominance the sport has ever seen. I do think (and you can see it if you read old wisden from the day) how dismissive people were of West Indian fast bowling etc