• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It seems like Bangladesh is winning their 'minnow' battle against England

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i am not denying anything...i am not going over the moon over some isolated victories either...by consistent improvement i mean 1. winning more regularly against the good teams 2. fighting better even while losing instead of regularly getting thumped....once they start doing that on a consistent basis, i would say they have turned a corner, this is of course just about odis, tests are a different matter altogether...although if india go with a largely inexperienced side to bangladesh in may, they will quite possibly get an opening and if they manage to seize it, that will trigger an over-the-top celebration for tests as well...:)
Point is it doesn't matter how many games, it matters the time they need to improve greatly. He have improved a lot since they started but the improvement you are wanting to see needs time not games.

universe

Cricket Spectator
Our Indian (he's Indian I think) friend Anil is still too upset about India's ealry exit from the world cup. He watches Bangladesh's matches and remorses India could have been in the same place.

For those who think a country should get test status only after having a test level infrastructure and performance then we're not going to get any more cricketing power in any form of cricket. And if you think the newly elected test members should start winning only in a few years of time then you're far from reality.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Our Indian (he's Indian I think) friend Anil is still too upset about India's ealry exit from the world cup. He watches Bangladesh's matches and remorses India could have been in the same place.
If you had even a pea size brain in your head, you would have noticed that there are many Indians on this forum who have been backing BD forever.

universe

Cricket Spectator
If you had even a pea size brain in your head, you would have noticed that there are many Indians on this forum who have been backing BD forever.
Don't know why but some people here have the habit of taking things wrongly. I do know there are many Indians who are backing Bangladesh alright. What I wanted to convey is simply Anil, yes, you may retake a look at my previous post, it's one and only Anil, who is little upset. That's all. Don't tell me Anil represents the whole of India that blaming him means blaming India. I hope Sanz have the "pea" size brain to understand my point this time.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know why but some people here have the habit of taking things wrongly. I do know there are many Indians who are backing Bangladesh alright. What I wanted to convey is simply Anil, yes, you may retake a look at my previous post, it's one and only Anil, who is little upset. That's all. Don't tell me Anil represents the whole of India that blaming him means blaming India. I hope Sanz have the "pea" size brain to understand my point this time.
Anil has lot more credibility on this forum than your '4' posts on Internet. Spend some time on this forum before attacking a long standing member. And although Anil is very capable of defending himself or his posts, I just wanna say that he is one of the most unbiased posters on this forum Indian or not.

And no you dont have any point except for attacking a member for honestly speaking his mind and you will do the same for other members If they said anything negative about Bangladesh. So first 'Grow a brain' and then post else you will be thrown to the 'BingLee Planet' very soon.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

For those who think a country should get test status only after having a test level infrastructure and performance then we're not going to get any more cricketing power in any form of cricket. And if you think the newly elected test members should start winning only in a few years of time then you're far from reality.
you can presume to know what i think, you would just be plain wrong...:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
8-) And you this how exactly? Anil has had views related to Bangladesh for quite a while far before India's loss to Bangladesh. Try to go into debates about points rather than indulging in baseless allegations.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
It's a bit much to be judging people on the forum having just joined, isn't it? As others have already said, Anil has held his views for as long as I can remember and even though I largely disagree on this issue, I know he hasn't suddenly found his views because of what's happened in this World Cup. Seriously, you may want to get to know the people around here a bit better before accusing a respected forummer of such a view.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think the point about giving a side "time" refers to the fact that you've got to get at least one generations worth of new players in after they've been introduced to Test level. You can't expect the guys who are around when the side is first introduced to have limitless potential for improvement. By introducing Bangladesh earlier, we are seeing a faster evolution in the quality of the next generation.

universe

Cricket Spectator
Anil has lot more credibility on this forum than your '4' posts on Internet.
Numbers telling everything (or not?)! Well, I didn't read all posts of Anil but the few in this thread. I wrote in my first post what his these few things here suggested. Well, Anil has nicely pointed out that I'm wrong to think what he thinks, never mind. But Sanz, looks you need to grow your pie size brain this time. No idea why you are making a mountain of a molehill.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
This match really doesn't matter as Bangladesh defeated two top teams till now while England haven't defeated even one.