• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland v Zimbabwe at Belfast

CartyDurham

International Captain

Chubb

International Regular
Poor Clive Madande, he’s had some good white ball games for Zim but this is a disaster, he must want the ground to swallow him up.

Chivanga is bowling okay and Blessing has had a couple of good deliveries but they’ve not got enough runs.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
50 extras this innings so far. I can slightly understand 8 wides if one is a bouncer over the keepers head but 34 byes? How does that happen!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
50 extras this innings so far. I can slightly understand 8 wides if one is a bouncer over the keepers head but 34 byes? How does that happen!
Yeah that's mental in such a low scoring innings, a quarter of the runs being extras.

Mad how both innings have gone pretty much the same when the wickets were lost.

Chubb

International Regular
Very impressed with Chivanga, I’ve not seen him bowl before IIRC. Looked in good rhythm and has an easy action.

Blessing is usually the standout (in both senses) but his action has always been awkward.

RE the number of extras, the bowlers aren’t used to that much movement and Madande was having a nightmare - but he’s not alone. Both Andy Flower and Tatenda Taibu struggled when Zim played tests in England in similar conditions.

the big bambino

International Captain
Chivanga is a bit of a find and Muzarabani appeared to bowl the best deliveries (based on cricbuzz's commentary). They seem to have a good squad of pace bowling now. Might jut be slightly in front in this game.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very impressed with Chivanga, I’ve not seen him bowl before IIRC. Looked in good rhythm and has an easy action.
I thought it looked like a rather wild myself, arms flying everywhere.

Speaking of actions, I reckon Adair's has changed a bit and is looking more like a chest-on Brandes than before.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Chatara can get back to his previous best, that is one tasty attack for all formats - Chatara, Ngarva, Muzurabani. Add in some spin and Raza and that is awesome.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice to get bailed out by the glorious Irish sunshine this morning, after we were robbed of a victory by the foul English rain in 2019.

Chubb

International Regular
Sigh. My predictions are always doom and gloom but it's even more depressing how often I am right.