• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJellett

International Debutant
Obviously these will inluence your teams, so keep an eye on this thread.

AUSTRALIA - NEXT TEST MATCH

2nd July, 2004

NEW ZEALAND - NEXT TEST MATCH

12th July, 2004

AUSTRALIA - NEXT ODI

24th July, 2004

NEW ZEALAND - NEXT ODI

18th July, 2004

Make sure you keep an eye out for the teams selected for these matches, which shall appear approxamately 1 week beore the match.

DJellett

International Debutant
Australian Test XII

M. Hayden
J. Langer
R. Ponting
D. Martyn
D. Lehmann
S. Katich
A. Gilchrist
S. Warne
J. Gillespie
M. Kasprowicz
G. McGrath
B. Lee

If any of the players selected are in your team, they
CANNOT be selected for any matches between July 2nd - July 7th.

If any of these players are selected, a random player will take their place in your XI.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Would have been nice to know about this before the draft.

What about England and WI players???

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
this is weak. i probably wont be able to field sides due to this international rule. lame...

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Exactly, i wont have a side now due to no keeper. Langer and Gilchrist are my 2keepers, ive kept within the rules of the game by having 2 keepers, and now you pull this stunt?

come on mate.

I sure as hell hope this 'random' player(s) will be a wicketkeeper.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea i appreciate the rule, but REALLY!! thats very rough tellin em now!! poor dave man... perhaps the 'random' player should be less 'random'. yougetme??

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
yea i appreciate the rule, but REALLY!! thats very rough tellin em now!! poor dave man... perhaps the 'random' player should be less 'random'. yougetme??
I appreiciate your concern man, but ive thought about it, and for every game that langer and gilchrist, my only keepers, are out, i will forfeit. Therefore my players wont get injured during the league game, and it doesnt matter about langer lehmann and gilly.

killing 2 birds with 1 stone i guess.

but still its very out of the blue, a little information would of been handy prior to the draft starting. i know i wouldnt have traded and bourght australian xi players. i would of spent my money on 17 useless unknowns, would of saved my salary cap alot more then having lehmann gilly and langer (300k+) out of the side.

wouldnt of wasted my money.

nibbs

International Captain
my side is full of kiwi internationals, due to one of my sponsorship commitments. iàll lose more than half my team. internationals sound like a really really dumb idea to me...

nibbs

International Captain
Would have been nice to know about this before the draft.
word. this is really crap. it really is. i stand to lose fleming, astle, cairns, mcmilan, adams, sinclai, tuffey, butler. this is really lame. it really is. some of us payed good money for these players, and I for one will be angry if I lose them...

Cloete

International Captain
Yeah you have to feel for Nibblett. I mean most people would have just got a few state players and that's it, but nibblett had to get NZ players from any state. So obviously he'd want the best ecause NZ obviously doesn't have the depth of the Aussie Comp.

I'm lucky, all I'll be missing is Sangakarra. Because Ervine shouldn't be selected for ZImbabwe. But I still think it's extremely unfair on some of the people with sponsors, you can't have it both ways!

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
The PNG Flames would like to announce Mr.Warne will not be released as that is a breach of his contract. If CA have any problems, a cash deal, can change my desicion. Thank you again

Sincerely
The PNG Flames

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wazim said:
The PNG Flames would like to announce Mr.Warne will not be released as that is a breach of his contract. If CA have any problems, a cash deal, can change my desicion. Thank you again

Sincerely
The PNG Flames
A stroke of genius!

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
The crabs wish to notify that they will not be releasing Matt Hayden and Michael Kasprowicz to the national side as it is in conflict with our sponsors. Duly we will also not be releasing Chaminda Vaas to Sri Lanka as he is a key member of our side

Sincerly
Chris
Manger Coles Crabs

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
The Warriors wish to notify that they will not be releasing Adam Gilchrist, Justin Langer and Darren Lehmann to the national side as it is in conflict with our sponsors. We also hold the right to not release Shaun Pollock to his international side, as with V.V.S Laxman. Both are crucial members of our side and without them we would be unable to feild a team.

Regards
Dave
Owner and coach - Retravision Warriors

DJellett

International Debutant
LOL.....lads, i was only joking!!! I mean geez, I'm not that harsh...
*chuckles to self at gulliability of all managers*

LOL - you guys were REALLY sucked in!!!

Cloete

International Captain
DJellett said:
LOL.....lads, i was only joking!!! I mean geez, I'm not that harsh...
*chuckles to self at gulliability of all managers*

LOL - you guys were REALLY sucked in!!!
SURE you were ;)

DJellett

International Debutant
No, Clo, seriously...I was! :P
Do you think I would do that without talking to Ian and Andrew first?
:) I swear, it was a joke, I just have a REALLY bad sense of humour...sorry to all the guys who I p*ssed off, it was all in good spirits...:)

cbuts

International Debutant
dont think u were joking. and its not the first suprised to be sprung. in about round 12 of the draft u finall told people they needed 2 keepers. by this stage most had gone. mate u gotta be fair to us and let us know these things before we draft our squads

Status
Not open for further replies.