• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injuries

berry1

Cricket Spectator
no offence but your sim is rather sh*t. 3 weeks for a hangover. LMFAO. good 2 see u have an extremely realistic comp happening

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
berry1 said:
no offence but your sim is rather sh*t. 3 weeks for a hangover. LMFAO. good 2 see u have an extremely realistic comp happening
Ummm okay... Aren't you the big man then.

berry1

Cricket Spectator
woah settle down im just saying isnt just a tad unrealistic. if u have ever had a 3 week hang over than sure why not. You just seem to be all secretive ect. over some thing thats not even that good. You could have a much more realistic thing by pulling names out of a hat with realistic injuries putting players out for a realistic number of weeks.

andyc

berry1 said:
woah settle down im just saying isnt just a tad unrealistic. if u have ever had a 3 week hang over than sure why not. You just seem to be all secretive ect. over some thing thats not even that good. You could have a much more realistic thing by pulling names out of a hat with realistic injuries putting players out for a realistic number of weeks.
Sorry if that's what you thought, but whether or not you meant it, your post did seem fairly abusive of the sim used and ALFTA in itself. Admittedly, having a hangover for 5 weeks, despite how bad my one on Sunday was, does seem a bit OTT. I really don't care however, I mean what does it matter whether it says broken finger or broken nail? I just got a bit of a laugh out of the hangover thing, which, I'm sure, is why it's there, as well as the 'black eye' injury.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
berry1 said:
We have a profanity filter for a reason. First warning.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
berry1 said:
And your opinion was asked when exactly?

Not that long ago you wanted a copy of the sim (after a previous player missed 3 weeks with a hangover...)

Now you've decided it's rubbish.

berry1

Cricket Spectator
1) well generally forums are for people to give there opinions on a certain topic/subject.
2) Your sim is good for working out who gets injured and for how long. allthough fractured skulls rarely happen in cricket becuase of the helmets used today are so good and i spose the hangover is more beleivable than the skulls because earlier this year Symonds was given a 2 match suspension by the aussies cricket board for drinking past er umm. lights out lol
3) profanity what the hell. i astrexid out the i. im sorry for offending any ultra religious members of this forum. just a tip. maybe you would encourage more members to your forum if you weren't so strict or maybe dont say oi you first warning. you could act in a more friendly manner and just say hello welcome to our forum oh btw we prefer it if u didnt use that word even though it was partially astrexid(sp) out.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Every member is encouraged to read the forum rules on joining.

They're quite specific.

The way this forum continues to go from strength to strength suggests to me that there's not much of a problem with the filter and rules against people trying to get round it.

berry1

Cricket Spectator
m8 could u kindly direct me to the the section of the rules that addresses 'language'. ie. words like ****. i had a look and couldnt find anything there was sumthing in your faq about why are some words asterixed but it didnt give an actual rule now did it.

berry1

Cricket Spectator
thanku maybe if u put that in the rules thread (the official type 1 that has heaps of rules in it) because most ppl arent going to read through heaps of different threads are they

berry1

Cricket Spectator
im glad to hear that especially seeing as everyone knows. with users such as [monkeypants] signing up im sure ull find it easy to maintain that family bit. and where the .... does it even say family forum.

also with this filter of yours y not instead of have it asterix out words what 1 of the forums i mod at does is if you try to have a post with the sh word it changes it to monkey and changes the f word to pants. that way its less of an eye sore. i know u wont listen to me but i thought id rite that anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
And I'm sure that people with usernames such as that will be banned by (the allmighty ;)) James.

As for your other point, what if you wanted to write the words "monkey" or "pants"? That could cause confusion, or possible offence. You don't use **** in writing very often. Family forum is mentioned quite regularly.

The rules work well around here, they don't need changing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
berry1 said:
3) profanity what the hell. i astrexid out the i. im sorry for offending any ultra religious members of this forum. just a tip. maybe you would encourage more members to your forum if you weren't so strict or maybe dont say oi you first warning. you could act in a more friendly manner and just say hello welcome to our forum oh btw we prefer it if u didnt use that word even though it was partially astrexid(sp) out.
It's not a religious matter.

We're doing fine as far as new members go. The large majority don't care. It's not that hard to avoid using profanity really (unless you're Collin Farrell) and it's even easier to type it out and let the filter deal with it otherwise. That said, excessive use of profanity is unacceptable even if it's censored.

Welcome to the forum btw. Enjoy your stay. :D (x a billion)

andyc

marc71178 said:
And the next round of injuries leaves the following out for the following time:

Player Weeks Reason
GE Tyldesley 6 black eye
JB Hobbs 5 hangover
H Ironmonger 3 twisted ankle
WR Hammond 3 calf strain
SM Pollock 1 broken finger
Am I right in thinking that because a week has passed since then, even though he didn't play, Pollock is now available for my upcoming game?