• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India squad for England to be picked on July 2

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would like Karthilk too as he did decently last time too IIRC. But he seems to be out in the cold at the moment.
It's pretty much between Saha and Patel i would guess.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'd rather make Pujara or Badrinath open if Sehwag isn't there. I've had it with Vijay. And if Parthiv walks in to open, I'm giving up on following the series.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Seems like Pujara has not recovered still from his injury. So unlucky that one. Vijay opening is going to be a disaster. Would prefer Mukund to him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mukund over Vijay is something i have been saying even before Vijay got selected. Nice to see people coming around now.....

And if Pujara does not make it ,god i hope they select Badrinath as the backup batsman too the middle order and not Yuvraj Singh.
Infact Yuvraj is more likelier to make the squad then:-O

edit - Though having Yuvraj in the team would ensure than Kevin Pietersen does not score too many runs:p

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The IPL has a lot to answer for if true.. ****ing **** of a tournament.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

Vijay has looked rubbish in the Windies. Mukund looks much better when he's able to clip it through mid wicket but he still looks a bit airy outside off

Bun

Banned
Haha vcs thats some wierd reasoning...

Gutted if Sehwag doesnt ake it... but then again, we have done well in Eng without him...

shankar

International Debutant
Fact is he probably would have played at least some part in the series had it not been such a draw/money-spinner, and you know it. :p
True, but ultimately it's up to the player to decide which is more important to him and Sehwag chose IPL. Can't blame the IPL for what is the player's decision in the end. :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rumours doing the round that the selectors are considering both Irfan Pathan and Wasim Jaffer seriously.

Though i would like Mukund ahead of Jaffer ,good to see that they are atleast thinking about a horses of courses type selection.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yuvraj singh back in the squad.

Sehwag to join after the first test.

Vijay ,Kohli and Patel dropped.