• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

im i too old to start playing cricket

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Plenty of local clubs in my area struggle to field lower grade sides at times so there’ll be plenty of opportunity.

Aritro

International Regular
I have a mate who didn't play organised cricket until his 20s and eventually ended up being a fixture in the first XI at our club. He's not a natural athlete either, he bowls medium pace outswingers and relies on skill and guile. You're not too old.

JBMAC

State Captain
Im 18 and live in the north east of england. Ive always wanted to play cricket however due to medical reason i couldnt. however i no longer have those restrictions. My question is at 18 and not playing cricket since 11 is it possible to get started. any recommendation or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Mate , you can do anything you are willing to put the hard work into. Get yourself an experienced senior player of the game and ask him/her to mentor you. It,s not just beer and skittles. Its hard Yakka. I started at age 12 and retired from playing at 44 years having had Wally Grout, Ken Mackay and Wes Hall all contributing to different aspects of my game. My BEST advice is listen to what they/He/Her say to you and use all the info as a smorgas board taking on board what YOU feel comfortable with. Best of luck

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you think you're too old and/or unskilled, just watch a few clips of the European Cricket League. I think you'll be fine :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
18 is a great age to start. I began playing at 6, and hated playing the game with every fibre of my being by my mid-20s, so you've probably good to play until your mid-30s before the cricket-induced loathing sets in.

Last edited: