• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How old are us CricketWeb members?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
jamesicus said:
Did you say that because :-

a) you dont want me to feel like an "old foggy" ?
b) because you want to be able to call me a juvenile ?
c) because you want to take away my one claim to fame on this forum ?
c) because you made a typographical error (though any digit close to 7 on the keyboard would not have made a difference)?
d) because you are habitually 'truthful' as Bob used to be in his early days at least (sorry Bob) ?

OR

did you really mean it ????

:-O :-O :-O

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
im 18 and have got da same birthday as surrey legspinner Ian Salisbury who holds the world record for having the worst test bowling average with a minimum of 10 wickets lol

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi, SJS, you wrote:

SJS said:
Did you say that because :-

a) you dont want me to feel like an "old foggy" ?
b) because you want to be able to call me a juvenile ?
c) because you want to take away my one claim to fame on this forum ?
c) because you made a typographical error (though any digit close to 7 on the keyboard would not have made a difference)?
d) because you are habitually 'truthful' as Bob used to be in his early days at least (sorry Bob) ?
None of the above

did you really mean it ????
Yes -- I was born 28 August 1929 --- been in love with cricket all of my life.

James

Shounak

Banned
jamesicus said:
Hi, SJS, you wrote:

None of the above

James
Same birthday as my younger brother.. Not the year though..

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Macka said:
If there are 23 people in a room, then there is more than a 50% chance that at least two of them will share the same birthday.

The only person I know whom I share my birthday with is one of my crazy Anatomy professors :blink: ...he's always giving us such a hard time :down:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
jamesicus said:
Hi, SJS, you wrote:

None of the above

James
That's awesome!! You're now the oldest member posting regularly. Great honour that seeing as you displaced SJS.

a massive zebra

International Captain
jamesicus said:
Hi, SJS, you wrote:

None of the above

James
Lovely to have you here. Did you ever manage to attend a Test Match in which Bradman was playing for Australia?

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
"a massive zebra" wrote:

Lovely to have you here. Did you ever manage to attend a Test Match in which Bradman was playing for Australia?

Thank you for those warm words of welcome, "a massive zebra". As others pointed out I saw Bradman bat in two test matches. The 103 he hit at Headingley in 1938 was majestic -- a real thrill for me -- a never to be forgotten experience. He did indeed fall LBW at 11 in the Old Trafford Test in 1948 and that was a disappointment, for as my father begrudgingly said: "He's not like other batsmen because he always looks like he is going to hit a century when he walks out from the pavilion and everyone expects it".

BTW, several people have asked me if I think Don Bradman was superior to present day top flight batsmen and if he would do as well in the modern game. I think the comparison is impossible to make -- I think Bradman would still dominate if he played today but, with Lara and Tendulkar on the scene, no where near as much as he did in the 1930s. My father -- a fervent England supporter -- used to say that Jack Hobbs was a better batter than Bradman, well, I didn't believe that (and the statistics don't support it), but I didn't see Hobbs bat. However, I did see Bradman bat and I am still awed by his incedible footwork
and the way he always seemed to be in exactly the right position to dispatch the ball with consummate skill. I also believe that Lara and Tendulkar would be just as brilliant with the bat had they played back then as they are now -- similarly, I think Jack Hobbs would be an outstanding opening batsman no matter what era he played in.

I forgot to mention on my Web page that I did see Bradman bat a third time during the Australian 1948 Invincible tour -- at Scarborough, Yorkshire, vs H.D.G. Leveson-Gower's XI. Bradman hit a sparling 153 and Sid Barnes (he of the magnificent off-side strokes and my other favorite batsman) 151. This was the last at bat in England for both of them -- I think they played a match in Scotland before leaving for Australia. BTW, I witnessed some of the greatest fast bowling I have ever seen in that match as Ray Lindwall took six wickets for 69 runs at a wonderfully controlled but blistering pace.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
jamesicus said:
Hi, SJS, you wrote:

None of the above

James
You're over 65 and know how to use a computer.....my world has been rocked. :D

Great to see people to have had experience of the 40s onwards on the forum though! Welcome. :)

archie mac

International Coach
Not sure if I have already posted my age, you tend to forget these things when you reach my age :D

Suffice to say I am well under the big four O