• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden vs Sehwag (+ other tasty treats)

Who is the better batter?

• Sehwag and I care about FCA (first chance average)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Sehwag and I don't care about FCA

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Hayden and I care about FCA

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Hayden and I don't care about FCA

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Richard

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Alex

Banned
Include the ICC match and Hayden averages 50 against Murali while Sehwag averages 74. There was an error in my earlier stats that Sehwag avgs 70 against Murali.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Include the ICC match and Hayden averages 50 against Murali while Sehwag averages 74. There was an error in my earlier stats that Sehwag avgs 70 against Murali.
Hayden faced Murali at his peak. Sehwag didn't. Murali was past his best before he surpassed Warney's record in last 2007 - he wasn't near the bowler he was.

Sir Alex

Banned
Hayden faced Murali at his peak. Sehwag didn't. Murali was past his best before he surpassed Warney's record in last 2007 - he wasn't near the bowler he was.
Lol he wasn't and Hayden never had to face a surprise package like Mendis when he first appeared. Nobody had a clue how to deal with him for almost a year, and definitely not in his first series, and Sehwag was the only batsman to handle him comfortably.

Last edited:

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Lol he wasn't and Hayden never had to face a surprise package like Mendis when he first appeared. Nobody had a clue how to deal with him for almost a year, and definitely not in his first series, and Sehwag was the only bowler to handle him comfortably.
Sehwag's bowling was definitely too good for Mendis' ordinary batting displays. :laugh:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Lol he wasn't and Hayden never had to face a surprise package like Mendis when he first appeared. Nobody had a clue how to deal with him for almost a year, and definitely not in his first series, and Sehwag was the only batsman to handle him comfortably.
He was past his best. Murali's bowling been on a steady decline since just before he took Warne's record. Much like Ponting's batting - his well past his best, capable of playing the odd good knock - but definately a shadow of the batsman that he was. Facing Murali at his best would rate higher then facing a surprise package like Mendis.

Sir Alex

Banned
He was past his best. Murali's bowling been on a steady decline since just before he took Warne's record. Much like Ponting's batting - his well past his best, capable of playing the odd good knock - but definately a shadow of the batsman that he was. Facing Murali at his best would rate higher then facing a surprise package like Mendis.
Yeah but Murali 2008 + Mendis 2008 >>> Murali @ peak anytime.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
If that's the case then Hayden's hundreds against Ishant Sharma in 2007/08 should count as high as scoring hundreds against all of the 90s bowlers because during that series Sharma bowled as well as all of them at their pulp. Funny how he can look like a great bowler on Australian pitches but look like a trundler on subcontient pitches.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Sehwag has had an advantage growing up on Indian pitches...Hayden just can't match his accent.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon Sehwag's bald patch is way cooler than Hayden's... his remaining hair forms a nice little circle around the bald bit.. :wub:

No way Hayden's ugly thatch comes anywhere close. :cool:

Sir Alex

Banned
If that's the case then Hayden's hundreds against Ishant Sharma in 2007/08 should count as high as scoring hundreds against all of the 90s bowlers because during that series Sharma bowled as well as all of them at their pulp. Funny how he can look like a great bowler on Australian pitches but look like a trundler on subcontient pitches.
So how many wickets did Sharma take? How many batsmen apart from Punter he owned? What was his avg?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I reckon Sehwag's bald patch is way cooler than Hayden's... his remaining hair forms a nice little circle around the bald bit.. :wub:

No way Hayden's ugly thatch comes anywhere close. :cool:
Hayden is balding himself, tbf.. But obviously Sehwag gng at a SR waaaaaaay above Haydos in the baldness stakes.. :p

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Corrected and yep Punter > Hayden by a huge margin agreed.
So you finally agree that Hayden > Sehwag and that Tendulkar > Ponting > Hayden > Sehwag. (y)

What's with all of this SehWAG nonsense? His a cricketer not a ****ing gigolo.

Migara

International Coach
If there was anyone who cut short Sehwag from a good innings, it was Vaas. Sehwag's record against SL improved and that co-incidently, Vaas' form declined.

Migara

International Coach
So you finally agree that Hayden > Sehwag and that Tendulkar > Ponting > Hayden > Sehwag. (y)

What's with all of this SehWAG nonsense? His a cricketer not a ****ing gigolo.
Why don't you wait till Sehwag finishes the career?