• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

Socerer 01

International Captain
The extra bowler who will come is at best a moderate upgrade on the likes of Ali and Stokes. But the extra all-rounder or batsman will be a significant upgrade with the bat compared to Jordan or Willey. The extra batting option helps to be even more aggressive which can win games more often than the new bowler doing it with the ball

Migara

International Coach
I will be happy if we could beta Afghans and Zimbos. With three of the top players gone (Chameera, Madushanka and Nissanka) it will be very difficult for us to compete. Lahiru Kumara is also very fragile and we may lose him some where down the line.

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I saw the match preview between England & Afghanistan. They mention not playing Brook... :

1 Jos Buttler (capt & wk), 2 Alex Hales, 3 Dawid Malan, 4 Ben Stokes, 5 Liam Livingstone, 6 Moeen Ali, 7 Sam Curran, 8 Chris Woakes / David Willey, 9 Chris Jordan, 10 Adil Rashid, 11 Mark Wood

I think he's one their best batters currently...

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
I saw the match preview between England & Afghanistan. They mention not playing Brook... :

1 Jos Buttler (capt & wk), 2 Alex Hales, 3 Dawid Malan, 4 Ben Stokes, 5 Liam Livingstone, 6 Moeen Ali, 7 Sam Curran, 8 Chris Woakes / David Willey, 9 Chris Jordan, 10 Adil Rashid, 11 Mark Wood

I think he's one their best batters currently...
I reckon that's a pretty likely line up. Brooks has been gunning it but he's the new kid, so is the one most likely to make way when all the batters are available. Just one of those unlucky 'deserves to play, but who do you drop?' situations.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He didn’t do so well in the BBL when he played here did he? Maybe conditions don’t suit him that much

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had to fake an injury to the renowned Tory boot licker in the squad to get Green in eh.
It happens. Injuries are always such bad luck…

Aus in this tournament reminds me of the 92 WC. No back up keeper and the prep hasn’t been ideal with reliance on the blokes who did it before despite them not playing well. I think they will struggle tbh (not Gambhiring, genuinely reckon they’ll be cod ordinary).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Aus in this tournament reminds me of the 92 WC. No back up keeper and the prep hasn’t been ideal with reliance on the blokes who did it before despite them not playing well. I think they will struggle tbh (not Gambhiring, genuinely reckon they’ll be cod ordinary).
Also a bit of us refusing to play the best player due to success of some people in other formats, tbh. I've harped on about smudger in the format enough on here, but ellis is another big example of this. The fact that cummins is in the team while ellis is only a backup is odd, especially given our lack of death options.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Have a hard time seeing Australia not qualifying for the semis, barring serious problems with washouts, and after that it's only two matches in front of the home crowd to the title. Only matchup they might not like is England imo, who they wouldn't meet again until the final.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ going with Sodhi over Bracewell - that's a shock to me. Noone is a massive Bracewell fan but he did bowl well in the home series, while Sodhi pretty much lost us the coveted Banglawash trophy final... and Bracewell can notionally bat a bit too.
Is a bit surprising, given Ish's struggles in the last World T20 and being flogged in that last Pakistan T20. I'd have to say, given form showed, I'd back Bracewell to bowl overs cheaper than Ish

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
How is Sodhi even in the squad let alone the XI in front of Bracewell? Our selectors are such a joke