• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest keeper batsman - Gilchrist or Sangakkara?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hah called it. Find a good innings, and Aussie will just rubbish the bowling/conditions based on nothing at all.

Not just dire posting, but predictably dire at that.
I still waiting for your list from 99-05 *****.

Based on nothing at all you say. So you seriously saying that its not a known fact Waqar Younis was a spent force as a test bowler after his 1989-1994 glory days? Or that Akram was past his best after 1997? Go ahead challenge cricket history and prove it otherwise...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know, I found this thread funny at first but there's only so long stupidity and selective deafness is fun to laugh at.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You know, I found this thread funny at first but there's only so long stupidity and selective deafness is fun to laugh at.
Its indeed stupid to say Gilchrist peak ended vs SRI 04, that is indeed selective deafness and I'm laughing cause such a statement tells me your understanding of Gilly's career peak is limited.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
It's just endless speculation though really. I don't think either of us have actually seen Walcott keep. :p

EDIT: @aussie
Yea ha of course, just going by what I was told by those who saw him - because it was something I was very curious about more than a decade ago.

cnerd123

likes this
They pray and pray for my downfall! - Notorious BIG 1996
Nah I want you to stay around forever. You are an immense source of amusement to me :)

You won't tho. You're definitely copping a ban sometime in the future. Not a question of if, but when.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
This thread is one giant affirming the consequent fallacy:

"If an attack is poor, then logically an overrated batsman like Adam Gilchrist will be able to score runs.
Adam Gilchrist scored runs in Match X.
Therefore, we can safely conclude that the bowling attack was poor."

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nah I want you to stay around forever. You are an immense source of amusement to me :)

You won't tho. You're definitely copping a ban sometime in the future. Not a question of if, but when.
How much money or collateral you want to bet that I won't?