• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum participation

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
I will only be able to contribute occasionally to this forum in the future. I now have seriuos health problems (particularly prostate cancer) that sap my energies and affect my ability to concentrate. I need to devote most of my time and energy to my family and the accomplishment of a multitude of projects to which I am committed. I have enjoyed my participation on this Forum and have learned much from all of you -- thank you for your gracious acceptance. I will contribute from time to time as I am able.

I will continue to maintain my non-commercial/non-profit website http://jp29.org/ -- please visit it periodically for updates and additions.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems Jamesicus. We haven't really spoken, but I have read your posts with interest. It's really nice to read the opinions of someone who has first-hand knowledge of so many of the greats & who writes so eloquently of them.

I hope things go well for you & yours. :)

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems Jamesicus. We haven't really spoken, but I have read your posts with interest. It's really nice to read the opinions of someone who has first-hand knowledge of so many of the greats & who writes so eloquently of them.

I hope things go well for you & yours. :)
Well written, and as I can not improve on that, the same sentiments from myself. All the best Jamesicus. Loved the stuff on Sid Barnes :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
jamesicus said:
I will only be able to contribute occasionally to this forum in the future. I now have seriuos health problems (particularly prostate cancer) that sap my energies and affect my ability to concentrate. I need to devote most of my time and energy to my family and the accomplishment of a multitude of projects to which I am committed. I have enjoyed my participation on this Forum and have learned much from all of you -- thank you for your gracious acceptance. I will contribute from time to time as I am able.

I will continue to maintain my non-commercial/non-profit website http://jp29.org/ -- please visit it periodically for updates and additions.
Terrible news, jamesicus. I hope you can fight through the cancer as best you can. As others have said, you bring an entirely different perspective to this forum, and it is so much richer for that.

James

Cricket Web Owner
jamesicus said:

Very sorry to hear that James. As Voltman said all the best in your fight against the cancer and I hope you come out on top.

Many thanks for contributing to the forum. We all throughly enjoyed the stories you shared with us all.

All the best.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Very sorry to hear of your problems James, it's a real shame to lose such a valued member of the forum. Your contributions were always very well appreciated.

Best of luck in the future, wishing you all the best with your battle against illness. I'm sure you'll come out on top. Thanks.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James said:
Very sorry to hear that James. As Voltman said all the best in your fight against the cancer and I hope you come out on top.

Many thanks for contributing to the forum. We all throughly enjoyed the stories you shared with us all.

All the best.
What he said

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good luck to you. Didn't really talk but it was great interest I took note of your views on the past players.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
So sorry to hear of your health problems, Jamesicus - I've seen too much of cancer over the last few years. Look after yourself, hope everything goes well and I look forward in future to reading many of your anecdotes for many years to come.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Terrible news as some one said. I have enjoyed your posts and have leant about the past from them.
Hope you recover soon.

Pratyush.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm very sorry to hear that James. Like Dale (BoyBrumby) said, I've not really gotten to know you but I have enjoyed reading your posts, and it's sad to see someone who bought so much to the forum, even with only 100 odd posts, have to leave us. I hope you make a rapid recovery, all the best.

TIF

U19 Debutant
jamesicus said:

That is sad news:( Hope to see you getting well soon. Good luck with your health.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
jamesicus said:

really sorry to hear that james.....it has been a pleasure reading your posts with your vast cricketing knowledge and gracious communication style....wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery and all the best to you and your family....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
jamesicus said:

So sorry to hear it Mate. Good luck in your fight against it.

Although I have not had any exchange directly with you have enjoyed reading your posts on this forum.
As a Medic I can only say that Prostate Cancer is one of the most slowest progressing cancers and as such is also one of the most curable cancers if detected early prior to metastasis (and sometimes even after with radiotherapy to mets etc.) .

I am sure you will be under the best of care in Arizona and I hope my words can in some way give you hope in your fight against Prostate Cancer.