• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Flash in the pan' ODI XI draft.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 1

randycricfreak - Timed out
Red Hill - Ian Chappell
SillyCowCorner1 - Dominic Cork
Michaelf7777777 - Clive Rice
trundler - Ryan Harris
jimmy101 - Greg Chappell
Teuton - Ian Bishop
morgieb - Colin Croft
Samuel_Vimes - Graeme Swann
Fuller Pilch - Ajantha Mendis
mr_mister - Nathan Bracken
quincywagstaff - Ottis Gibson

Round 2

quincywagstaff - Robbie Kerr
mr_mister - Nick Knight
Fuller Pilch - Simon O'Donnell
Samuel_Vimes - Boeta Dippenaar
morgieb - Derek Underwood
Teuton - Gautam Gambhir
jimmy101 - Brett Schultz
trundler
Michaelf7777777
SillyCowCorner1
Red Hill
randycricfreak

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to have to drop out because I haven't got the time to properly participate.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I feel like all those chosen really go against what I'd consider "a flash in the pan" with the exception of Trott and Mendis.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 3

jimmy101
Red Hill
mr_mister
quincywagstaff
morgieb
Michaelf7777777
Samuel_Vimes
randycricfreak
Fuller Pilch
SillyCowCorner1
Teuton

Round 4

Teuton
SillyCowCorner1
Fuller Pilch
randycricfreak
Samuel_Vimes
Michaelf7777777
morgieb
quincywagstaff
mr_mister
Red Hill
jimmy101

_Ed_

Knight was selected in 99 WC squad it seems, unlucky not to get a run.
Yeah, IIRC they opened with Hussain and Stewart. Had to make room in the XI for the all-round might of Adam Hollioake, Mark Ealham and Ian Austin.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I feel like all those chosen really go against what I'd consider "a flash in the pan" with the exception of Trott and Mendis.
I think both my choices qualify as flash in the pan types. Ottis Gibson had a terrific series in the 95/96 ODI tri-series in Oz where SL also played. Looked a star in the making but hardly played after that.

In just his 2nd ODI in 1984/85 played as the first MCG match under lights before a huge crowd in what was effectively the Champions Trophy, Kerr starred with 87* and looked the young bat Oz had been looking for. He was to play only two more ODIs.

Burgey

Kerr went in the 85 Ashes tour didn’t he? Completely modelled his game on Greg Chappell. Looked so much like him when he batted.