• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite cricket photos

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
What's everyones favourite cricket photos?

Being a kiwi, this is mine. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a picture of Astle's catch which is as good as this.

What's everyone elses favourites?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually have one in a book of pictures that I prefer to this one, which is Don walking down the road surrounded by a bunch of admiring kids, but I do like this one. Just for the fact that everyone, even the policeman, is excited to see him coming into bat.

Natman20

International Debutant
BlackCap_Fan said:
What's everyones favourite cricket photos?

Being a kiwi, this is mine. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a picture of Astle's catch which is as good as this.

What's everyone elses favourites?
The look of the faces in the background just makes that picture so good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BlackCap_Fan said:
Search getty images if you really want it. May find it there.

Chubb

International Regular
Three favourites.

The first because I like to think that it represents a harmonious Zimbabwe. I'd like to think that Tatenda and Brendon are friends off the pitch, but I don't know if they really are.

I took the second, and although it's backlit (which is not always a bad thing IMO) I like the capture of a pivotal moment, which is why I call it "In The Balance". Arul Suppiah was on 91, and Somerset in a strong posistion when he cut the ball hard through the air towards Charl Pietersen, Northant's sub fielder. Will Pietersen take the catch? Or will the ball race past him to the fence, and Suppiah go on to his hundred? "In The Balance" is also a good title because Pietersen is not displaying good catching technique on one foot like that, and this contrasts with Arul's poise in his follow-through.

The third, Ray Price at his fiery best. Iconic image for me.

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah love the Taibu/Taylor one, as well as Freddie consoling Lee..

Theres me posting all those spectacular ones, the best photos in cricket are often those that to the uninformed don't look like anything special, but actually paint a thousand words..

As a photographer they are often the hardest to capture, you can sit and wait for stumps to come flying out of the ground.. I remember in Port Elizabeth we were all focussing on the batsmen one game as he hit the winning runs, and we got an unremarkable handshake, while the smart alec who was looking at the dressing room caught a fantastic victory scene which was on most of the sports pages the following day..

Like the photo attatched second, I think its great and speaks volumes about sport in general and how it brings people together

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
It almost looks as if the batsman has just hit the fielder through the covers
hadn't thought of it like that! It was actually a fluke, totally, I was just messing around (hence the shocking image quality which means I cant use it in my portfolio), and came up with that..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Like the photo attatched second, I think its great and speaks volumes about sport in general and how it brings people together
Even the ones who feel the need to dress themselves like big red and yellow deckchairs just incase the stuck-up, old, senile tossers forget where they are.