• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Third_Man

State 12th Man
He's had a very poor season after Campbell rejuvenated his career last season. Clark didn't get on with Franklin by all accounts.

With the Gay/Rhodes signings hard to see how he gets in the side. Rumour Lees might be off to Yorkshire.

Borthwick has been even worse than Clark and didn't do well last season, entering his last year too. A Brearley like captain in terms of batting contributions.

What you'd expect us to line-up like next season if all available.

Lees/McKinney
Gay
Rhodes
Bedders
Robinson
Ackermann
De Leede
Carse
Raine
Potts
Parkinson
So Graham might be available for Cumbria next year? What length contract has he, d'you know? We were hoping that would be the case last year at least initially due to the Franklin situation but Campbell's arrival changed that.
I guess the Campbell effect is helping with all the recruitment.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
So Graham might be available for Cumbria next year? What length contract has he, d'you know? We were hoping that would be the case last year at least initially due to the Franklin situation but Campbell's arrival changed that.
I guess the Campbell effect is helping with all the recruitment.
He's still likely first choice for the T20 mind. So I don't know if the rules would allow him playing for minor county when not selected for the first XI in the CC.

His contract expires the end of next season in answer to your question. Got a new 2 year deal after how well he did last season.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
He's still likely first choice for the T20 mind. So I don't know if the rules would allow him playing for minor county when not selected for the first XI in the CC.

His contract expires the end of next season in answer to your question. Got a new 2 year deal after how well he did last season.
Yes they do. He's always been registered to play for both counties on a dual registration basis. Quite common across all the counties. Then only need permission from the first class county on a game by game basis (assuming the player is interested). Stan McAlindon played one game this year would have been more without his injury problems. Counties sadly sometimes prioritise their second team matches but the NCCA T20s always played on a Sunday. Generally not a problem unless a long travel needed to play for FC County 2s on the Monday (not always a problem).

Sounds like Graham would be an option to play T20 (for Cumbria) in May. Croft did that this year gave him competitive match practice before going off to play in the Blast. Gleeson the same a couple of seasons ago.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Bedingham v Lancashire in 2024
101, 103 & 177* so 381 and counting average 190.5

Has anyone ever reached 1000 runs in a season before with such a high percentage against one club?

Reminds me of when Staurt Law used to simply rack up the runs for Lancashire.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Kent had Hampshire under some pressure yesterday at 210-7 so just let the next three wickets double the score, and then they folded like origami once it was their turn to bat. A dreadful season in a nutshell. They're going to be closer to the bottom of D2 than the top next season. The squad needs some serious work.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Kent had Hampshire under some pressure yesterday at 210-7 so just let the next three wickets double the score, and then they folded like origami once it was their turn to bat. A dreadful season in a nutshell. They're going to be closer to the bottom of D2 than the top next season. The squad needs some serious work.
Same to be said about Lancashire. Lost Hampshire game after ridiculous 10th wicket partnership between Dawson and Abbas. Batting folds match after match. Dreadful season. Division Two next year. But suspect they will not rebuild a young side.

Given only 3 sides have won more than 1 match in D2 this year, two of those sides will be promoted. Leaving one decent side. I suspect it will be a race to the bottom next year.

Gulf between 3rd and 4th Yorkshire and Leicestershire currently being displayed

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Notts and Lancs really are racing to the bottom in this round.

It makes me wonder about the pool of coaches available in county cricket. Notts have consistently under-achieved under Peter Moores despite having the budget to poach all the best players from nearby smaller counties. Jon Sadler has just been sacked from Northants after a dismal season, and I can't fathom why they ever wanted him in the first place after years of failure at Leics. Dale Benkenstein didn't achieve anything of note at Gloucs, yet got the job at Lancs where he has presided over the worst season in living memory.

Is it just that there simply aren't any better options? Why are counties so keen to hire coaches with empty trophy cabinets?

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Also, this Archie Vaughan looks a prospect. Six wickets and counting against Surrey and did well batting at three. How come he's ended up at Somerset when his dad is such a professional Yorkshireman?

Reactions: FBU

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Also, this Archie Vaughan looks a prospect. Six wickets and counting against Surrey and did well batting at three. How come he's ended up at Somerset when his dad is such a professional Yorkshireman?
I can think of something professional concerning Vaughan senior that has nothing to do with his county of origin, although it should be remembered he was born the other side of the Pennines despite that attempt!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Durham absolutely smashed their record partnership. Currently 405* between Bedingham and Ackermann

Previous red ball was 334 against Oxford MCCU in 1996 and 331 in FC against Lancs. Current Lancs manager Benkenstein and Stokes with it.

Bedders 248* and Ackers 173* and Durham leading by 276

Our highest individual FC is Martin Love with 273

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Notts and Lancs really are racing to the bottom in this round.

It makes me wonder about the pool of coaches available in county cricket. Notts have consistently under-achieved under Peter Moores despite having the budget to poach all the best players from nearby smaller counties. Jon Sadler has just been sacked from Northants after a dismal season, and I can't fathom why they ever wanted him in the first place after years of failure at Leics. Dale Benkenstein didn't achieve anything of note at Gloucs, yet got the job at Lancs where he has presided over the worst season in living memory.

Is it just that there simply aren't any better options? Why are counties so keen to hire coaches with empty trophy cabinets?
Cheaper?

There really isn't a relegation fight. Notts have still to play Kent.

Relegation, with hindsight, was settled in the first half of May.

Lancs 92 all out lost to Kent at Old Trafford then lost to Notts at Trent Bridge Hameed 247*

They are the only games Notts and Kent have won all season.

Bedingham and Ackerman partnership over 400 no wickets before lunch.

Lancs only 6 points from last three games and three innings defeats including this one. Durham 286 ahead already. 300 should be enough Lancs will be mentally shot after being in the field from 99/4 yesterday to 514/4 at lunch.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

mackembhoy

International Debutant
David Bedingham gets Durham new highest FC score of 279

Ran out of a capable partners trying for the 300. Durham declare 573/9 and lead Lancs by 345.

Supposed to be a bit of rain about. Lancs will be praying for it.

Gutted i've not been able to watch today. Been in work meetings since 1030, following on my phone.