• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

kevinw

International 12th Man
Wood top scorer in the last match. :-O Agree Livingstone has to come back. England like four fast bowlers but they would be better off with three.
Bairstow, Malan, Root, Stokes, Brook, Buttler, Livingstone, Carse, Willey, Atkinson, Rashid

v SL
Bairstow, Malan, Root, Stokes, Brook, Buttler, Livingstone, Willey, Atkinson, Wood, Rashid but I think Woakes will be back
v SL I would go with:

Bairstow, Malan, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Livingstone, Ali, Carse, Rashid, Atkinson and probably Wood. Powder-puff medium pace just isn't doing anything here, and I know Wood has been smacked around too, but I imagine SL would rather face Willey, Curran or Woakes. England's top order has been soft all tournament, so they need more stability at 6-7. Tough for Brook, maybe you leave Ali out, and hope Root and Livingstone can bowl ten between them. Or maybe sack Bairstow off and open with Stokes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They are extracts from a book, he’s not just come out and said these things today.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I don’t think Carse will play next game.
Maybe not, but it's clear he has 'something' (South African background, natch) and I just don't understand why the selectors thought dibby-dobblers would be effective out here.

Molehill

International Captain
They are extracts from a book, he’s not just come out and said these things today.
Maybe those extracts could've been released when he was actually playing well?

From what I've seen, Broad as usual comes across well and surprisingly Crawley may have some good banter in his locker.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Maybe those extracts could've been released when he was actually playing well?

From what I've seen, Broad as usual comes across well and surprisingly Crawley may have some good banter in his locker.
It’s not Bairstow’s book though is it. He’s not in control of those extracts!

Qlder

International Debutant
Do any English fans have any hope left?

England plays SL, IND, AUS, NED and PAK and would likely need to win all 5, or at least 4 of 5 with some huge wins to boost NRR

Surely if England lose to SL on Thursday they're out and might as well send Stokes home and back into retirement?

A must watch game on Thursday 😀

kevinw

International 12th Man

England plays SL, IND, AUS, NED and PAK and would likely need to win all 5, or at least 4 of 5 with some huge wins to boost NRR

Surely if England lose to SL on Thursday they're out and might as well send Stokes home and back into retirement?

I think we will beat SL, India, Australia and Pakistan BUT get knocked out because we lose to Netherlands/it gets rained off.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I don’t think Carse will play next game.
He definitely won't. Already been confirmed from the England camp as he has not played any cricket for 4 weeks so he's not ready to go straight into the side.

Molehill

International Captain
Mark Wood is 33 and injury prone. Who is giving out these deals? Someone at Man Utd?
That was the one that grabbed me, how did he get a 3 year deal?

He definitely won't. Already been confirmed from the England camp as he has not played any cricket for 4 weeks so he's not ready to go straight into the side.
Thought that was the perfect warm up for our ODI side.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Those longer term contracts are smart for England so these players don’t go out and play more franchise cricket. Lot of these players are mid 30s now as well

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain

All hope went after the SA debacle.

It's not just the defeats, it's the nature of them, we've been humiliated.

Momentum is always key in WC and all ours is negative.

Anyway we all know the only white ball cricket that really matters is T20. 😆