• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Ranks the Bowlers

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1. Allan Davidson
2. Clarrie Grimmett

Lohmann would have come ahead of these two in an ideal scenario...But, he's got no practical chance of winning this one in spite of his superlative record (even compared to his peers)...He got 130 odd wickets in an era when almost no other bowler got more than 100; not only that he averaged almost 10 which is till now the lowest bowling average among all bowlers who have got more than 10 wickets (as far as I remember)...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Lohmann is too far away from getting a rush of support. He'll be in my next 3-5 picks, and I would back quite a few other posters to feel the same.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:cry:

I'm overcome! First bloke I've voted for to go in since forever.

1) Waqar Younis
2) Joel Garner

Still banging a drum for Waqar, but the Big Bird isn't far behind. Took his test wickets at less than 21 apiece and his ability to bowl yorkers seemingly at will made him one of the very finest limited overs bowlers too.

adharcric

International Coach
Waqar - 15
Garner - 10
Lindwall - 9
Holding - 6
Spofforth - 5
Davidson/Laker/Grimmett - 3 each
Larwood - 2
Bedser/Thomson/Donald - 1 each

adharcric

International Coach
Vote for #14 bowler of all-time

Brumby's boy makes the cut, again.

1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Sydney Barnes
3. Glenn McGrath
4. Curtly Ambrose
5. Richard Hadlee
6. Muttiah Muralitharan
7. Shane Warne
8. Dennis Lillee
9. Imran Khan
10. Bill O'Reilly
11. Wasim Akram
12. Fred Trueman
13. Waqar Younis

The vote for the #14 bowler of all-time begins now.