• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing politicians

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Bangladesh politician, reincarnated to become the first cricketer born in the 21st century to play international cricket.

Chubb

International Regular
I expect Josh Inglis will run for the Liberals in WA when his career is over.

There were rumours Andrew Strauss would be offered a seat in the Lords by David Cameron, but it came to nothing.

Born on 99* and thinks he hit a ton Zak Crawley might be interested in running for the Tories in Tunbridge Wells or somesuch place in later years. Need to teach all us plebs the value of "hard work" and "self reliance".

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Born on 99* and thinks he hit a ton Zak Crawley might be interested in running for the Tories in Tunbridge Wells or somesuch place in later years. Need to teach all us plebs the value of "hard work" and "self reliance".
How did Zak hurt you mate?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
How did Zak hurt you mate?
By being as **** as he is and holding a place in the English test side for 5 years.

I don’t pay attention to County but are England’s other options that bad? (I know you had Sibley and Burns but at least they have good not awful domestic records How the **** does an opening bat (who can’t even bowl part time) make it to a top 8 test side, let alone become a mainstay, with this record.

IMG_0643.png

This is the real thing England to save test cricket from.

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
By being as **** as he is and holding a place in the English test side for 5 years.

I don’t pay attention to County but are England’s other options that bad? (I know you had Sibley and Burns but at least they have good not awful domestic records How the **** does an opening bat (who can’t even bowl part time) make it to a top 8 test side, let alone become a mainstay, with this record.

View attachment 40159

This is the real thing England to save test cricket from.
Forgotten the Ashes already?

Chubb

International Regular
Appreciate I was giving in to my dark side talking about Zak but this thread isn't the place to debate if he is a good cricketer or not.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not about me and Zak, it's about what Zak represents.
Zak Crawley represents the Eng cricket team mate.......its incredibly unfair to suggest that he does or should represent a whole class of people.

Not sure there is anyone myself included that wasn't calling for Zac to be dropped a year or so ago. But I do not believe for a second that he held his place in the side because of familly wealth.......not when you've got Stokes and BMac in charge ffs, very much working class the both of them.

It was repeatedly said that the management saw something in him, can't say that I did but based on at least his recent returns perhaps they know a bit more than me (and most of us tbf)