• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - 2nd June 2023

James

Cricket Web Owner
This coming Friday (2nd June) AEST time we'll be moving CricketWeb to a new server with a different hosting provider. Unfortunately our current hosting provider are increasing their prices by 54% which combined with the poor USD/AUD exchange rate is unsustainable for the site. Our new server will be located in Atlanta, GA.

At this stage there will be an approximate downtime of the site anywhere from 8-24 hours while the move is occurring. I'll provider regular updates through our Twitter feed, and will update this thread as it gets firmed up.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mine still won't load unless I'm on mobile data. I presume it's ISP related but is there any way I can force it? I thought about flushing DNS in the cmd but didn't know if that would affect other things.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Mine still won't load unless I'm on mobile data. I presume it's ISP related but is there any way I can force it? I thought about flushing DNS in the cmd but didn't know if that would affect other things.
I've just logged a ticket with our new hosting provider. I'll let you know what I get back.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The response I've had is:

The website itself is working properly and currently pointing to your new server with all the correct DNS.

Propagation can take 24 to 36 hours approximately, but in some rare cases, it can take up to 48 to 72 hours as well. Please allow few more hours for propagation and then give it a check.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i have to use edge because chrome borks my laptop and the only thing i don't like is when you ctrl v links it doesn't ctrl v the link it v's the title of the page that which you've copied, you have to right click to get the link itself