• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Battrick XI

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
CW BT 1st XI

1. J Duggan (Whenuapai CC) - mast/mast bat
2. R Tucker (Dalmeny CC) - mast/exc bat
3. D Sandwith (Withington Wonderers) - exq/exq bat
4. M Bertos (Victoria Panthers) - sens/mast bat
5. R Bhutia (Anchormen) - sens/rem bat
6. F Watkins (Asterix XI) - exq/phon bat, exc/phon RFM
7. G Ashton (Asterix XI) - exc/exc bat, wond w/k
8. T Whitehorne (Asterix XI) - qual/sen bat, mast/phon Spin
9. E Downer (Asterix XI) - mir/wond LM
10. J Organ (Whenuapai CC) - exq/mast LHSp
11. G Summers (Scaly Piscine CC) - mast/elite RF

:cool: :cool:

Bhutia becomes the youngest member of the 1st XI, I believe? Good on you, son. Proud day for Anchormen.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Greening would have something to say about that tbh, i guess Bhutia stamina gives him the edge. Mind you I'm pretty sure his closer to exquiste.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Likewise, but I'm happy to overlook batting sub levels for the moment. :ph34r:

In fact, he could be exquisite already, not sure how recently he's been updated.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
1. J Duggan (Whenuapai CC) - mast/mast bat
2. R Tucker (Dalmeny CC) - mast/exc bat
3. D Sandwith (Withington Wonderers) - exq/exq bat
4. M Bertos (Victoria Panthers) - sens/mast bat
5. R Bhutia (Anchormen) - sens/rem bat
8. T Whitehorne (Asterix XI) - qual/sen bat, mast/phon Spin
10. G Bardle (Jamees 999ers) - mast/sens RFM

FFS, 'tinho, get it right.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David Armstrong - 23 yo, BT Rating=149,581
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: wonderful Concentration: elite (+2 levels)
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

Armstrong > Bhutia.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I suggest you don't go on sledging. I saw someone there today apostrophise the name "James". As in, "I saw Jame's yesterday."

I actually cried a little.
I rarely look at sledging boards. I see some of the things being discussed and I put my head in my hands and just shake my head.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1st XI

1. J Duggan (Whenuapai CC) - mast/mir bat
2. D Armstrong (Scaly Piscine CC) - wond/elite(+2)
3. R Tucker (Dalmeny CC) - mast/exc bat
4. D Sandwith (Withington Wonderers) - exq/exq bat
5. M Bertos (Victoria Panthers) - sens/mast bat
8. T Whitehorne (Asterix XI) - qual/sen bat, mast/phon LHSpin
10. G Bardle (Jamees 999ers) - mast/sens RFM

2nd XI

1. B Mohammed (Citzens Erased): exc/wond bat
2. M Gray (Anchormen): wond/mir Bat, rem wk
3. R Bhutia (Anchormen) - sens/rem bat
4. D Greening (Cymru Gurgitaters): sens/rem bat
5. T Morrison (Whenuapai CC): exc/sens Bat
6. Sunil Chanderpaul (Citizens Erased) sens/prof bat
7. Gavin Canning (Magical Ponies) wond/wond bat, sens/exc RFM
8. Dwight Kealey (Jamees 999ers) rem/won bat sens/rem RFM
9. J Lovergrove (Damleny CC): exq/sens LHSpin
10. J Organ (Whenuapai CC) - exq/mast LHSpin
11. D Croft (Boggles): exq/qual RFM

Could go three ways for the last spot in the 1st XI side, went for Armstrong. Kealey moves into the 2nd XI to give the attack more balance then having three spinners. Chanderpaul gets the last batting spot in 2nds ahead of Chanderpaul.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Greening only has Comp Stam, but that's in the process of being addressed in my closed-season fat camp. He is however nearly a level higher than Bhutia in batting, being due to pop to Exq in the first few weeks of next season. Although this is largely an academic debate, as with three years on Greening, Bhutia will catch him up at a rate of Knots over the next season or so.

How about Akhtar for the U19s? He's 18, Qual/Resp Dest LH Bat, only Med Stam, but that too is being addressed.

Later, Trev

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Janes (exceptional/exquisite bat) would make the 2nd XI FWIW, though he's about to be sold.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Greening only has Comp Stam, but that's in the process of being addressed in my closed-season fat camp. He is however nearly a level higher than Bhutia in batting, being due to pop to Exq in the first few weeks of next season. Although this is largely an academic debate, as with three years on Greening, Bhutia will catch him up at a rate of Knots over the next season or so.

How about Akhtar for the U19s? He's 18, Qual/Resp Dest LH Bat, only Med Stam, but that too is being addressed.

Later, Trev
Akhtar will make the U19s next season for sure.

It depends who you'd prefer out of those three really. Armstrong has far and away the best secondary, Greening has the best primary and Bhutia is in between but closer to Greening. He also has superb stamina and is 1-2 weeks from strong fielding/wonderful concentration :ph34r:

If you subscribe devotedly to the 3 secondary = 1 primary formula than Armstrong is comfortably first choice, although I don't think it's that simple. But regardless, I would choose Armstrong. From experience, even Gray tends to outperform Bhutia, and he only has miraculous conc.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
[B]CRICKETWEB U19 1st XI[/B] (plus drinks carrier!)
    [I]Name             Team               Batting        Bowling(/WK)      Stamina    Type[/I]
1.  Jim Keane        Central Districts  Wonder/Prof                      Competent
2.  Marvin Warnock   Jamee's 999ers     Wonder/Remark                    Superb
3.  Dave Taylor      Boggles            Wonder/Superb                    Mediocre
4.  Gordon Beaumont  Four Pillars       Remark/Remark                    Mediocre
5.  Liam Harris      Opening Balance    Remark/Strong                    Respectable
6.  Keith Fish       Withington         Qual/Qual     (Wonder/Prof WK)   Competent 
7.  Eddie Ireland    Connells Estates   Strong/Prof    Qual/Remark       Proficient  RFM
8.  Dean Schofield   Dalmeny CC         Strong/Comp    Quality/Resp      Respectable LHSpin
9.  Neale Gleeson    Tawonga Tigers     [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth[/COLOR]    Wonder/Prof       Competent   RHSpin
10. Rob Mulholland   Anchormen          [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth[/COLOR]    Wonder/Prof       Strong       RM
11. Conner Potgieter Magical Ponies     [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth [/COLOR]   Wonder/Prof       Strong      RM
---
12. Nick Pietersen   Henry's Dream      Superb/Strong  Superb/Prof       Superb      RHSpin
Harris in for Moloto, popped to Remarkable bat today. Could be argued that the batting now is at least as strong as the bowling, which certainly wasn't the case at the start of the season.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
    [I]Name             Team               Batting        Bowling(/WK)      Stamina    Type[/I]
1.  Jim Keane        Central Districts  Wonder/Prof                      Competent
3.  Dave Taylor      Boggles            Wonder/Superb                    Mediocre
4.  Gordon Beaumont  Four Pillars       Remark/Remark                    Mediocre
5.  Liam Harris      Opening Balance    Remark/Strong                    Respectable
6.  Keith Fish       Withington         Qual/Qual     (Wonder/Prof WK)   Competent 
7.  Eddie Ireland    Connells Estates   Strong/Prof    Qual/Remark       Proficient  RFM
8.  Dean Schofield   Dalmeny CC         Strong/Comp    Quality/Resp      Respectable LHSpin
9.  Neale Gleeson    Tawonga Tigers     [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth[/COLOR]    Wonder/Prof       Competent   RHSpin
10. Rob Mulholland   Anchormen          [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth[/COLOR]    Wonder/Prof       Strong       RM
11. Conner Potgieter Magical Ponies     [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth [/COLOR]   Wonder/Prof       Strong      RM
---
12. Nick Pietersen   Henry's Dream      Superb/Strong  Superb/Prof       Superb      RHSpin
Harris in for Moloto, popped to Remarkable bat today. Could be argued that the batting now is at least as strong as the bowling, which certainly wasn't the case at the start of the season.
Moloto for Fish? Better batting and only 1 level of keeping behind.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Code:
9.  Neale Gleeson    Tawonga Tigers     [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth[/COLOR]    Except/Strong     Competent   RHSpin
---

Have got the best bowler. Crazy stuff.

PY

International Coach
Code:
3.  Dave Taylor      Boggles            Wonder/Superb                    [B]Competent[/B]
9.  Neale Gleeson    Tawonga Tigers     [COLOR="Silver"]Worth/Worth[/COLOR]    Except/Strong     Competent   RHSpin
---

Would like to dump Schofield out with my remarkable/superb 19yo but that would require an democratic decision.

Greg Ferrell - 19 yo, BT Rating=26,210
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: worthless