• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Sim 2004

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
IsuraE said:
If you are new to programming why don't you consider Visual Basic instead of Visual C++. That way you can concentrate on the game content/features instead of programming details/bugs. As others (eg. Neil) can attest, writing a cricket sim is quite challenging; adding the challenge of learning a big (and complicated) language like C++ might discourage you early in the project. This is the reason that so many cricket sims never get finished.
Don't have VB :(

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
OK! Working on match engine, as a treat I got a screenshot of the main screen for you. I still have to add some buttons, but I have attached it. More to come over enxt few days...

NOTE: It looks crappy cause it was taken on my friends 800x600 screen reso, and Windows 98, with crappy screen.

Last edited:

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh BTW, does anyone have a 32x32 icon I can use for the game? The one I'm using now goes inverrted for some reason!

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's half and half. You manage your team through each tournamanet, like take care of funds, players etc.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'll have a in-game screenshot (when a match is playing) soon.

Just a question, I'm in the process of developing a Quick Start mode. It's for peiople who want to have a quick game. Am am stuck on something, and I don't know what to do, so here are 3 options you can vote on:

When you start Quick Sart Mode:

1. Teams are selected randomly for you
2. You select them
3. Just Australia vs England, or whatever you want, the same teams play every time

Last edited:

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Cricket Sim 2004 Quick Start is just a small mode where you play one game. I'll probably end up doing random teams, for the surprise :)

Thanks guys for the comments, I'll upload some more screenshots for ya.