• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What I'm missing is... what's the point of him doing that?. Do people really get satisfaction from being thanked on the internet for stealing cricket footage? Just seems like an epic waste of time from the guy when the stuff's already on YouTube - it's not like he's providing a worthwhile service.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Ive noticed that some vids I cant download, it just wont work, thought there must be a setting or something the uploader sets to stop people downloading them, but i guess not! Hey its not like the footage is really mine anyway of course.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
It's weird though, because I only found out because he commented on of me vids and he's like "Can you please have a look at my cricket vids". That was after he probed me and asked me where I got them from.

So yeah, it's dissapointing that he's taken them off multiple accounts.

It doesn't matter that they're short, he's gone and tagged them as his own as if it was his work, when it's not.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
What I'm missing is... what's the point of him doing that?. Do people really get satisfaction from being thanked on the internet for stealing cricket footage? Just seems like an epic waste of time from the guy when the stuff's already on YouTube - it's not like he's providing a worthwhile service.
I think people see that other vids have thousands of views and they go "Hey, I want to be cool and have thousands of vids too". I try and make sure what I put up isn't already up there (I just noticed that the Bond video I uploaded has already been up for 4 years! :laugh:).

Ive noticed that some vids I cant download, it just wont work, thought there must be a setting or something the uploader sets to stop people downloading them, but i guess not! Hey its not like the footage is really mine anyway of course.
Nah, they use either a program or a website like keepvid.com which you can download the vids for personal use.

Leemann

Cricket Spectator
Ironically he probably spent more time editing that Clarke 3 wicket over video than I did. :laugh:

I blanked a bit of audio at the start and that was it, 7 minutes of unedited footage that some guy (not me) recorded 3 years ago.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha and as you say the whole point of moments like that is to have all the bits in the middle too.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Gilly's innings in the same match is better imo. We were 6/91 and he saved us from an almost
certain embarrassing test loss.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon that was Asif's debut, looked like he struggled to get the ball down the other end. Gilly was pulling half volleys off him.

Riggins

International Captain
How do you download the vids? Obviously not going to re-upload them like that guy or anything, just want to put them on my hard drive for ever (marto <3 )

Riggins

International Captain
Last edited: