• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, Asalanka tried his best to stay there and weather the storm. He didn't take the easy way out, a lot of times batsmen just try to defend a few and start attacking randomly to ensure that they somehow cover up their strike rate and don't look embarrassingly bad.
In that situation you fight fire with fire and don't allow the opposition to dictate terms. Exactly what the Saffers did yesterday against that same bowling...

Ricky Ponting's philosophy is to counter-attack.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
In that situation you fight fire with fire and don't allow the opposition to dictate terms. Exactly what the Saffers did yesterday against that same bowling...

Ricky Ponting's philosophy is to counter-attack.
Sure it's the right strategy if you are Ricky ****ing Ponting. But that doesn't work for all batsmen. Sometimes just playing out 2-3 overs when the bowler has his tail up can make a significant difference on what score you ultimately end up with.

SillyCowCorner1

Sure it's the right strategy if you are Ricky ****ing Ponting. But that doesn't work for all batsmen. Sometimes just playing out 2-3 overs when the bowler has his tail up can make a significant difference on what score you ultimately end up with.
As we have seen in some of the innings against India in this world cup, batting with your tail between your legs doesn't bode well for you and your team :)

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
As we have seen in some of the innings against India in this world cup, batting with your tail between your legs doesn't bode well for you and your team :)
It's not about batting negatively though. I mean if you have a Lara, Tendulkar or Ponting in your line-up, it's fine to just go after the bowler and hurt his rhythm. But nothing wrong with seeing of a few overs.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

It's not about batting negatively though. I mean if you have a Lara, Tendulkar or Ponting in your line-up, it's fine to just go after the bowler and hurt his rhythm. But nothing wrong with seeing of a few overs.
Yes, agreed

I just hold a different philosophy on this than you. Ricky and I are in the same boat.

Shady Slim

International Coach

Rahul and Yadav today sadly.

66 from 107 balls with just one boundary is dismal and Yadav who the management have been very loyal to was picked for this scenario and he stunk the place out.
feels a bit armchair quarterbacky to dig rahul who i thought batted well given the circumstances
but surya was hot trash i agree totally

TheJediBrah

Rahul and Yadav today sadly.

66 from 107 balls with just one boundary is dismal and Yadav who the management have been very loyal to was picked for this scenario and he stunk the place out.
Rahul's innings is forgivable because of the 3 early wickets + very weak tail. Doesn't leave you a lot of options. If he had played a bad shot and got out we'd be calling for his head even more.

SKY and Jadeja failing to go at the other end with Rahul playing the anchor was more the issue