• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
No more easy ones for you Burkey, now I know you are a St. Kilda supporter. Have to go now, will have to check your Q later.
:)
:p ... and a proud supporter at that.

QUESTION: It's happened to ( among others ) Clive Lloyd, Alan Border, and Wasim Akram. It even happened to Mark Taylor more than once. What is it ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
:p ... and a proud supporter at that.

QUESTION: It's happened to ( among others ) Clive Lloyd, Alan Border, and Wasim Akram. It even happened to Mark Taylor more than once. What is it ?
Run out in both innings of a Test ! :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

He was born in Calcutta, India, and later in his life while reading modern languages at Oxford - had to interrupt his studies to serve the Navy in the war and never resumed his studies, but then became acclaimed as a poet and his first works on poetry were a collection written while serving the Royal Navy.

His first book on cricket was of another country ! :D

Who is he ? What was the name of the book ? :D

He was a British Poet of acclaim , who published several books on cricket !! He was also cricket correspondent/sports editor for a magazine and in later years Editor !!

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

He was born in Calcutta, India, and later in his life while reading modern languages at Oxford - had to interrupt his studies to serve the Navy in the war and never resumed his studies, but then became acclaimed as a poet and his first works on poetry were a collection written while serving the Royal Navy.

His first book on cricket was of another country ! :D

Who is he ? What was the name of the book ? :D

He was a British Poet of acclaim , who published several books on cricket !! He was also cricket correspondent/sports editor for a magazine and in later years Editor !!
I was thinking John Arlott, he wrote poetry, and his first book was about Indian Cricket, but alas I am sure he was born in Basinstoke (spelling)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Correct ! Your turn. :)
Who am I?

I write on Cricket (not my main job), I am a mad Yorkshire supporter, I played with Dickie Bird and Boycott, before they made the county side. I fancied myself as an opener.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Who was CLR James's assistant who helped publish his second book on cricket ? How many books did he write on cricket ?