• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling problem during run-up

ah207

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
I have a problem I wish to solve. I have a short run up (about 8 paces) and I bowl slow-medium pace. My main problem has always been that when running up to bowl, I keep looking at the crease - so as not to over-step. I don't visualise the batsman, or the stumps, or the keeper, or where I would like the ball to pitch. My eyes are just pointed down. Consequently, my coil-up and delivery are rushed and my length is poor and my line is unpredictable. No two deliveries are the same. How do I stop looking at the crease - even though I know my rhythm and number of paces? How do I look up at my target area instead? Thank you.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Put something on the pitch at the spot you want to hit and focus on that. Then practice your run throughs. If it's practice, it doesn't matter if you bowl a no ball. I'd use either a camera or someone to spot where you front foot is landing though to give you feedback. This way you can gain confidence in the fact your current run up won't see you bowl no balls and/or adjust where necessary. Once you get it locked in, you won't worry about your front foot.