• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowler to average over 30 ?

Coronis

International Coach
If you're taking the three fast bowlers at their peaks, I don't agree. Careers as a whole though, then yeah.

So you'd be talking circa 2010 for Khan, 07-08 for Lee and 04-06 for Freddie
But then tbf you should take the current bowlers at their respective peaks too. 19-20 Starc, 18-21 Cummins, 19-21 Hazlewood for example.

reyrey

U19 Captain
But then tbf you should take the current bowlers at their respective peaks too. 19-20 Starc, 18-21 Cummins, 19-21 Hazlewood for example.
Also worth comparing the batting line ups they faced. I haven't done that, but my gut instinct tells me that Flintoff, Zaheer and Lee bowled at better line ups during their peak.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I get what you mean, but tbf trundler specifically said it was no better than attacks that routinely take the field. Though you could easily still cite 2019 Australia using your timelines, which is fair.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If you're taking the three fast bowlers at their peaks, I don't agree. Careers as a whole though, then yeah.

So you'd be talking circa 2010 for Khan, 07-08 for Lee and 04-06 for Freddie
This is true but I doubt they were actually averaging over 30 during those peaks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zaheer
Lee
Flintoff
Lyon
Sobers

I'd take that bowling line up any day.
You'd be chasing a few

Lee and Zaheer are both cases where they spent large parts of heir careers being junk and significantly shorter periods being very good, though imo Zaheer's good periods were both longer and better than Lee's albeit they came at the back end of his career, whereas Lee was very good for 18 months when he burst on the scene, injured his elbow vs WI then was pretty weel bog average until the last 2 years of his career. Zaheer > Lee imo.