• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the ****e

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
McGrath. Can only score runs against attacks the level of Zimbabwe, Essex and Derbyshire. Adams is a decent captain at least, and has a 91 not out against Warne, as well as 45 FC hundreds.
Mcgrath averages 29 against Essex...

anyway Adams for me.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
For every IT Botham there is a Ronnie Irani and for every Andrew Flintoff there is a Rikki Clarke, two cricketers of equally bad pedigree who seemingly have played one game too many for England (with Irani playing 30 games too many), with the latter still on the fringes of the side for no apparent reason other than the fact that he can not bowl or bat.

Two rather impressive first class records to do not really indicate how woefully inept these men were at the highest level, Irani seemingly got away with some cop because he was playing in a time where England had a love affair with bit n’ pieces cricketers who could neither bowl or bat to a sufficiently good standard... (Bit like now really cough Yardy, Dalrymple...)

Round One, Battle Ten

Ronnie Irani

3 Test @ 17.20 Bat, highest score of 41 against New Zealand... Ball @ 37.33.
31 ODI @ 14.40 Bat, SR 65.57, Ball @ 41.20, best of 5 for 26 against India.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/15403.html

vs.

Rikki Clarke
2 Test @ 32.00 Bat, highest against Bangeldesh at Chittagong, Ball @ 15.00.
20 ODI @ 11.07 Bat SR 62.06, Ball @ 37.72 Econ 5.30.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/11724.html

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umm, I vote for Rikki, I think Ronnies better looking, thats the only thing either of them have going for them mind.