• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i thought that was obvious to all? that's why he had the negotiations with the sixers but didn't sign - champions league part of it was never being written out of the contract. Same with Johnson.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Sellout?

I find this statement of Hayden's impossible to believe:

“I love the Baggy Green, I love what it stands for, I love how it fits within the sporting landscape.

“However, short of the Ashes and the Indian summer from a Test match point of view, I’ve said for a large time that I’m largely uninvested in that particular competition"

So, after years of telling us how sacrosanct the Baggy Green and Test cricket is, he now tells us that apart from the Ashes and Indian series', he has little interest in Test cricket. I can't believe how cheap these blokes come. Waive some silver in front of them and their whole fabric changes. He's entitled to believe what he chooses about T20, but to diss Test cricket the way he has, in my view makes him look cheap and devoid of any real beliefs (given his history of telling us how much Test cricket means to him).
Nah, he was talking up the IPL like it was the best thing since sliced bread when he was in India with one of the teams. Sounds par for the course with Hayden. Why would you pay any more attention to any of the crap he talks than someone like Warney?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, he was talking up the IPL like it was the best thing since sliced bread when he was in India with one of the teams. Sounds par for the course with Hayden. Why would you pay any more attention to any of the crap he talks than someone like Warney?
There's a big difference between thinking the IPL is good for the game and will grow its fanbase and actually saying you're uninvested in the majority of Test cricket. Hayden always seems to be taking the Chris Gayle stance of "if Test cricket were to die, I would not be upset". I don't think Warne or Hayden before that little interview had ever said anything like that.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Heard over the weekend he's moving there to play grade and 'see how he goes' with regards to a Shield spot.

Heard last week he's still skipper at Manly is Sydney grade and was just going to Adelaide for the Big Bash.

Reckon he'll turn up in Adelaide.
Could almost guarantee that he's moving to Adelaide for the year. I think Ludeman will get first shot though, Berry was his old coach at Carlton.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
There's a big difference between thinking the IPL is good for the game and will grow its fanbase and actually saying you're uninvested in the majority of Test cricket. Hayden always seems to be taking the Chris Gayle stance of "if Test cricket were to die, I would not be upset". I don't think Warne or Hayden before that little interview had ever said anything like that.
But I still can't see why it means so much.

"but to diss Test cricket the way he has, in my view makes him look cheap and devoid of any real beliefs (given his history of telling us how much Test cricket means to him)"

The above quote is part of Howardj's post and it pretty much summed up how I've always thought of Hayden anyhow off-field. He's not someone whose opinion I would have thought worth paying much attention to.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could almost guarantee that he's moving to Adelaide for the year. I think Ludeman will get first shot though, Berry was his old coach at Carlton.
Wow, seems a big risk If you're banking on the resident 'keeper to get dropped within the first season he's picked (unless Berry's dangling a carrot). Would have thought all Ludeman needs is a few half-decent early scores and the door would be closed all season.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wow, seems a big risk If you're banking on the resident 'keeper to get dropped within the first season he's picked (unless Berry's dangling a carrot). Would have thought all Ludeman needs is a few half-decent early scores and the door would be closed all season.
I wouldn't be surprised if he were. In their list of contracted players, I can't see another keeper, unless Michael Delaney is one.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Have just read Haydos' latest public flogging of the English language.

In addition to playing, Hayden wants to align his company The Hayden Way with the Heat as part of what he breathlessly called "a leisure-tainment and entertainment package that has never yet been seen on our shores in cricket".
"The reason I've never been interested in this tournament until now is I've always seen it as a pathways program," Hayden said. "It's been sat within the stakeholders of the game being the states, and every spot I took up was an opportunity for a youngster to come in and take up that same spot, and I'd been a beneficiary of those wonderful pathway programs that have existed within our country.

"Now however this is a different proposition, this is an entertainment package, and it is going to, whether we like it or not, and it already has, competed with all the other franchise sports, and there is going to be some rationalisation over the next two years. I'm looking forward to being part of seeing what best fits for cricket.
It's just exhausting reading this. Can you imagine trying to have a conversation with someone who spoke like that?

Edit: This in't out of context, as it turns out Cricinfo has in fact tried to make this sound understandable. Going to the bloke's website brings up some frankly amazing Haydenisms:

“I believe now is the time to start turning up the Heat, offering a competitive proposal to families and fans to engage in three hours of velocity, vibe and impact”

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
The Adelaide Advertiser said Crossthwaite moved to Adelaide for more opportunities.
BTW Steve Magoffin heading back to Queensland.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The Adelaide Advertiser said Crossthwaite moved to Adelaide for more opportunities.
Makes sense, that way he's only behind Ludeman instead of being the third choice (if that) at the Vics.

Always liked him (and he had this tendency to turn into a world-class batsman in my Cricket Coach games...).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Ohh man I watched the launch with a mate. So many laughs.

Particularly enjoyed when some guy walked behind the hologram/****ty thing. Three minutes later, he walked back!