• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
"I've now moved to the UK on a fulltime basis and hope this is the first of many years for me in the FLt20."
SMH dirk nannes on his future,signing with surrey.
Coming back to Australia each summer but trying to spend more time in England than Australia during the year for tax purposes.

brockley

International Captain
I guess with him moving to britain he will retire from one dayers internationally,and domestically as that would mean he would be around 6/9 months with a cricket contract.
So probably just 20/20.
I wouldn't be surprised if he announces his international retirement.
Nah 3 years to he can play for the dutch again,and he would only do that for a world cup,he will be 38 in 3 years.
Doubt we would see him in the intercontinental cup for instance.
Nah IPL,big bash and englands pro 20 whatever its called.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I guess with him moving to britain he will retire from one dayers internationally,and domestically as that would mean he would be around 6/9 months with a cricket contract.
So probably just 20/20.
I wouldn't be surprised if he announces his international retirement.
Nah 3 years to he can play for the dutch again,and he would only do that for a world cup,he will be 38 in 3 years.
Doubt we would see him in the intercontinental cup for instance.
Nah IPL,big bash and englands pro 20 whatever its called.
He's thought about how to prolong his playing career obviously. Good luck to him.

brockley

International Captain
BTW nearly june,no australian contracts,no state contracts and no itinnery,is cricket australia in trouble.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Two things from cricket.com.au's homepage -

1) There's an interesting injury update report, which suggests that Hastings and Smith will tour Sri Lanka, while Hauritz will not.

2) There's a survey about the BBL. Only takes two minutes to fill out. If you're as angry about as I am, fill it out and let them know exactly what you think.

EDIT: TELEVISE THE SHIELD INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME WITH A SUPER OVER FRBSSSSSSSS
Any chance of a link to the survey? Have been looking for it but can't find it...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Do Cricket Australia have a public email address like the ECB? Clearly this Big Bash nonsense is their way of devaluing the Ashes since they have nohope of winning them back. :p

Spark

Global Moderator
Found some speculative SL tour dates.

Australia vs Sri-Lanka (Away): Dates to be confirmed
Sat Aug 6
1st T20I - Sri Lanka v Australia
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Mon Aug 8
2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v Australia

Wed Aug 10
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local
11:00 SAST
1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia

Sun Aug 14
2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Tue Aug 16
3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Sat Aug 20
4th ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia
Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota

Mon Aug 22
5th ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia

Thu Aug 25 - Sat Aug 27
TBC v Australians

Wed Aug 31 - Sun Sep 4
04:30 GMT | 10:00 local
06:30 SAST
1st Test - Sri Lanka v Australia
Galle International Stadium

Thu Sep 8 - Mon Sep 12
2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Australia

Fri Sep 16 - Tue Sep 20
3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Australia
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Do Cricket Australia have a public email address like the ECB? Clearly this Big Bash nonsense is their way of devaluing the Ashes since they have nohope of winning them back. :p
It's on their website, but even incredibly politely worded email doesn't get an acknowledgement, so I have no idea if there is any point in emailing them. They may just want it used for business correspondence.

If you've got a good idea on how to turn a quick buck, you'd probably get an answer yesterday..

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Great news, and nice to have some positive spin coming from CA. I hated the split innings concept. Games rarely had a good flow, and it didn't produce a more interesting contest.

The following statement in the article annoyed me though:

It wouldn't have made sense to have our players playing a different format domestically, heading into the next World Cup, so it was a sensible decision.
So what about the 2011 World Cup?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh:

EDIT: My laughter has turned to anger. What a waste of a season. We need to dismiss the board in its entirety, and fill those positions with members of Cricket Web, who foresaw these problems.

I nominate Nnanden.

However, after the numerous setbacks of the last few years, it's nice to see a small step forwards.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Happy to see the proposed 20/20 rule changes won't take place as well. Hopefully the blasting they received through the survey helped somehwhat.

BRING THE TRADITIONS OF AUSTRALIAN CRICKET BACK

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah - it's no coincidence once we picked more than one tasmania in the team we went to hell. 100 years of no tasmanians or only one worked perfectly

Spark

Global Moderator
At last, some sanity prevails. Let's just hope last season was a case of "getting all the bad done in one go so it doesn't hurt us continually"

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i like how two members of the panel had other stuff to do and so didn't go.