• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozo2c

Cricket Spectator
M Cosgrove was run out going for the 2cd run, even thou we only needed 1 run to win. :blink: He also got his 100 on that last ball. Weird thing that.

squiz

U19 Debutant
I was Australia BTW

haha yeah, funny name :p

Funnily enough another world class spinner in my team is called Whitehead

Those two make a very good combination ;)

squiz

U19 Debutant
I've got an abundance of openers. I have 4 currently with averages over 40. Two of those averaging over 50 in tests. Plus I have Jaques and Cosgrove, who are pretty decent

darko21

U19 Debutant
I have only two good openers (Lilley and Fielder) with salaries of 80,000. I have 6 batsmen always in line to play all averaging high 40s/low 50s with salaries over 100,000. My keeper averages high 20s and salary of 35,000. My bowlers are not fantastic and have salaries around 50,000. I am lacking in good bowlers, whereas Bangladesh has a bowler with a second team average of 12!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
chooka_nick said:
Hey guys, on ICC 2005 do you guys get many opening batsmen? Coz I've got pretty much none!

Everyone seems to be an opener or a keeping batter or an opening batter keeper.

NZTailender

Oram and McCullum chipping in a few for NZ's modest total in a decent stand.

McCullum was actually only on 80 when Oram was out then he and Franklin shared in a big partnership then a smaller one with Butler then a good one with Bond at the end.
His last half century of that total came off about 30 balls...

Edit: oops, wrong pic?

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
chooka_nick said:
Hey guys, on ICC 2005 do you guys get many opening batsmen? Coz I've got pretty much none!
yeah, my top 3 are my strongest in my entire batting lineup, my opener just hit 306 against derbyshire...i think it was. and yeah, so its the middle order and late order batsmen that are so hard to find. the ones that can constantly attack on 6 bars of aggression for the last 15 overs.

cricketboy29

International Regular
NZTailender said:
Oram and McCullum chipping in a few for NZ's modest total in a decent stand.

McCullum was actually only on 80 when Oram was out then he and Franklin shared in a big partnership then a smaller one with Butler then a good one with Bond at the end.
His last half century of that total came off about 30 balls...

Edit: oops, wrong pic?
you must be kidding me, man, mcullum got to 262 batting with just franklin, bond and butler?!?!?!? from 80?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
cricketboy29 said:
yeah, my top 3 are my strongest in my entire batting lineup, my opener just hit 306 against derbyshire...i think it was. and yeah, so its the middle order and late order batsmen that are so hard to find. the ones that can constantly attack on 6 bars of aggression for the last 15 overs.
HOLY CRAP I've only got two... the incomparable Jaques (thank God for pudgy NSW miracles) and Brown, my admittedly EXTREMELY GOOD opening keeper/bat. And I can't seem to find any more! Looks like internationals will have to be the way to go... Thanks for your help boys!

NZTailender

cricketboy29 said:
you must be kidding me, man, mcullum got to 262 batting with just franklin, bond and butler?!?!?!? from 80?

...well, I think he may have been on 86.

But since i've gone so far ahead I can't check the partnership thing just the scorecard.

So I'll do some rough maths that won't be accurate.

After Oram was out:

Partnership with Vettori (0) = 4

With Franklin (40) = 125

With Butler (5) = 27

With Bond (9) = 77

=233
-V,F,B,B = 179 + 86 = 265.

So yeah he did, I guess. The math there doesn't really prove it because of extras and I couldn't exactly remember what score he was on.

NZTailender

After a home series vs West Indies our batsmen weren't doing so well but our bowlers were on top form so I set aside an entire tour match just for the batsman. Really annoyed we didn't bat out the three days. Although the batsman here were ones who probably weren't going to make the Test side for the first test vs Australia...but now we see who will!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I was going to post about my 22 ball List A 50, and the 66 ball FC 100, but they seem rubbish compared to those :p

Retox

State Vice-Captain
After getting smashed in the first game by 8 wickets. Things looked grim. But what a come back. McCullum,Vettori,Bond thank you for not making me look crap

Attachments

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really liked this win...I got Derbyshire all out in their first innings just before tea on day 3, decided I'd play aggressively just in case I could force a win. Thought this was a shocking decision when Derbys were 111/2 chasing just over 200, but my champion spinner came on to bowl and took his 3rd 7 wicket haul.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.