• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Why is it whenever you rearrange your batting order to give a knackered player a bit of a rest, your top order folds like a pair of threes looking at a royal flush? Humbug.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I agree with this comment. The greed and desperation for success that seems to emanate from some managers here is a concern. There are too many short term thinkers. You need to think long term
Then fire that **** trainee already, ffs.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
I hate FC with a passion. OD-style collapses seem to have jumped ship, as I have just lost my last seven wickets for six runs to transform what was drifting towards a draw into an almost certain loss. Bollocks to this.

Edit: Or, my lot could skittle them for 106 and I could win by 32 runs. What a weird match.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate FC with a passion. OD-style collapses seem to have jumped ship, as I have just lost my last seven wickets for six runs to transform what was drifting towards a draw into an almost certain loss. Bollocks to this.

Edit: Or, my lot could skittle them for 106 and I could win by 32 runs. What a weird match.
Try this for Bizzare

nibbs

International Captain
Nah, you have to think long term. He is **** right now, but in 8 seasons time, he will be a good fill in player.
now now. lets not get ahead of ourselves. grady allison is probably already good enough to make the majority of sides in the magical land of battrick. just think about that. if there is one fault in that young man, its that he is too talented imo.

Bobisback

International Regular
now now. lets not get ahead of ourselves. grady allison is probably already good enough to make the majority of sides in the magical land of battrick. just think about that. if there is one fault in that young man, its that he is too talented imo.
I am good enough to make most sides in BT.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shaping up for a good match here, thought I was screwed at the end of my innings.

End of Over 25: 72-5, runrate=2.88, reqrunrate=2.40 (131-10)
Erasmus 3-0-12-0
Dolan* 23 (40 balls)
Parkinson 2 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Williams c. Terry b. Canning 10 (FOW: 66/5)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Got to love a live Canning-bash Nady :D

Hurst in a good position, could tilt either way though.

End of Over 22: 99-2, runrate=4.50, reqrunrate=5.64 (256-3)
Holmes 1-0-2-0
Elson* 25 (35 balls)
Robertson 42 (60 balls)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Keep putting 1 bid on trainees, then forgetting.

Won my OD match today by 10 wickets on TIE. Cleaned 'em up for 136, Harris & Kanelo chased it down without incident.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
End of Over 30: 140-2, runrate=4.67, reqrunrate=5.85 (256-3)
Holmes 5-0-18-0
Elson* 52 (62 balls)
Robertson 51 (81 balls)

Need to take two or three poles in the next ten, or we lose.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Going down in a big way. Disappointing, but good wake up call to the improvements needed for my side. :)

Bobisback

International Regular
I hate this ****ing game. cbf explaining. Just look at Stonebridge's last overs to see why.

Back to watching FTP.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
A last minute collapse doesn't prevent me from posting a reasonably competitive total in seaming conditions. But are my slightly pooped bowlers up to defending it? Can the Beards swing a second improbable Div III victory in a row? And does anyone care?

Probably not, probably not, and probably not.

End of Over 50: 252-9, runrate=5.04
Dixon 10-0-74-4
Boardley* 32 (23 balls)
Pead 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Piercy lbw b. Dixon 4 (FOW: 252/9)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Lost by 1 wicket.

Code:
                [B]Asterix XI     	Twelfth Men[/B]
Top Order: 	exquisite 	wonderful
Middle Order: 	sensational 	exceptional
Lower Order: 	proficient 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	elite   	remarkable
Spin Bowling: 	phenomenal 	exquisite
Fielding: 	competent 	mediocre
**** off BT, hate you.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Lost by 1 wicket.

Code:
                [B]Asterix XI     	Twelfth Men[/B]
Top Order: 	exquisite 	wonderful
Middle Order: 	sensational 	exceptional
Lower Order: 	proficient 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	elite   	remarkable
Spin Bowling: 	phenomenal 	exquisite
Fielding: 	competent 	mediocre
**** off BT, hate you.
You must have, without rival and without doubt, the worst tactics in BT history, because it's gotten to the point where I'm not even surprised that you've choked.

Status
Not open for further replies.