• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

American Pro Cricket

Deja moo

International Captain
If nothing else, the flashy uniforms will turn them away from the game.
Who designed those uniforms?? :blink:

Langeveldt

Soutie
orangepitch said:
TBH if fans are going to be swayed by the "colour of the kits" then they arent really worth having in the first place...

one_dayer

Cricket Spectator
orangepitch said:
They definately need to dump those pyjamas, they are enough to make you squint just looking at them :blink:

Make sure you take your shades next time they play :cool:

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caddick Signs Up

Together with Alec Stewart, Somerset's Andy Caddick has signed up to play. Great idea to promote the sport in the US but Somerset fans, including myself, will be spitting blood over this. The tournament will clash directly with the English county season and so the prospect of Caddick dashing to the US, risking injury to fill his pockets won't be well-received at Taunton.
Plenty potential I think for him to pull out.

Story:

http://www.southwestcricket.com/headlinestory.php?headlineID=90

JF :ph34r:

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
jf2001 said:
Together with Alec Stewart, Somerset's Andy Caddick has signed up to play.
Big-name signings unveiled

Don't Believe Everything You Read

The first link states all the foreign players the league has signed. The second story (both from cricinfo) states how the Englishmen Stewart & Caddick, never heard of ProCricket and he has no contract with them,

This all makes for some interesting news. Keep in mind both articles are from cricinfo, not the official league site (which so happens to have no news listed). So is what cricinfo reported true? If so, how could they say they signed a player, who happens to have no clue of it?

the article says American ProCricket (APC) has finally unveiled the much-publicised big-name signings which it hopes will help attract fans and push the venture into the public consciousness in the USA...
but if it really officially unveiled the signings, why is cricinfo reporting it and not the official site?

The league is set to start tomorrow with NY vs FLA, I wonder what will happen. It stinks that the US cricket assoc will not support the league (b/c it has nothing to do with them), nor the ICC (for the same reason).

brockley

International Captain
Whos martha whos' arthur,who is coming who is not caddick and stewart aren't,its been shoddily run so far.

JeffStar

JeffStar. Keep in mind both articles are from cricinfo said:
yes, i am quoting myself. Deb Kas, from cricinfo replied to this on another forum-

The explanation is actually simple. Procricket forwarded the names of persons it had signed to Wisden-CRICINFO, and this included Mr. Stewart's name. Then, Mr. Stewart denied the report when contacted by Wisden-CRICINFO staff. My personal opinion (not necessarily that of Wisden-CRICINFO) is that Mr. Stewart (or his agent) may have been unofficially considering Procricket's overtures, but denied it when officially queried.

Deb K. Das, USA Coordinator, Wisden-CRICINFO

and then someone else, unknown name said this

Someone talked to the folks who run ProCricket and they said Stewart said yes first and retracted later.

My word versus yours

so lots of 'he-said, she-said'

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
maybe cairns can go play in the off season instead of county since hes stopped test matches now :)

brockley

International Captain
richard cheequee is playing in the 20/20 series the vietnamese born new south welshman who plays in brett lees band 6 and out.

Waughney

International Debutant
I remember him, Thought he was retired. He didn't have a spectacular stint with NSW, still good though.

JeffStar

Waughney said:

the article still mentions-
Cricinfo indicated APC has reportedly also signed England fast bowler Andy Caddick and former wicketkeeper/batsman Alec Stewart.

looking forward to the season opener, possibly will be there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Ajay Jadeja, Nikhil Chopra, Rahul Sanghvi, Merv Dillon and Daren Ganga.

A bunch of discards and rejects.
And I'm not sure what we can say about Jadeja....

JeffStar

ok, so i just saw at the website some of the new rules they will have-

100 balls.

RULES
1. Each team has 1 inning, each consisting of 20 by 5-ball overs (ie. a total of 20 overs per team for each match).
2. Each team shall consist of 12 players of which one player is classed as a designated hitter for one nominated bowler.
3. If a no ball is bowled the batsman is not out (unless run out). The no ball must be bowled again. For a no ball, 1 run shall be added to extras, plus any additional runs scored of it as credited to the batsman.
4. If a wide is bowled, 1 run is scored and the ball must be bowled again.
5. Each of the bowlers can bowl up to a maximum of 5 overs each per match, thus a minimum of four bowlers must be used.
6. The wicket-keeper must be properly equipped with pads and gloves.
7. Result : For a win, the result shall be determined simply by the team having scored the most runs in their respective innings.
8. Points :
a) Win - 4 points.
b) Tie - 3 point each ;
c) No result - 2 points each.
9. The bowling team shall complete a 20-over innings in less than 90 minutes
10. New batsmen must be in position within 90 seconds of a wicket falling.
11. Only two fielders are allowed outside an inner circle region as determined by the umpires ,during the first and final six overs of a team's innings.
12. Only four fielders are allowed outside an inner circle region as determined by the umpires, during overs seven through fourteen of a team’ innings.
13. Umpires can impose a five-run penalty for time-wasting by batsmen. They are expected to be ready as soon as the bowler is ready.
14. In the event of rain, Time and overs remaining shall be calculated at the rate of 4.5 minutes per over.
15. A 3 minute drinks break may be taken at the conclusion of 10 overs of a teams innings.
16. The normal laws of cricket shall apply except where modified above.
------------------------------

so 5 balls an over, not 6. the preseason game i went to was 6 balls an over.

sort of like the DH rule in baseball, there is a batter who doesn't have to field, and bats in place of a bowler.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Quote from Kal Patel the brains behind it

"There are 7.5 million people watching or playing cricket in America, There is definately room for growth to take the game to the next level. But we're fully funded for the next three years even if we don't atract a single person to any of our matches"

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
But we're fully funded for the next three years even if we don't atract a single person to any of our matches"
Good stuff... Nothing like a fat wad of money and a complete lack of application :D