• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

American Pro Cricket

twctopcat

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
Cricket Max! It was going well in NZ for a while, wouldn't be surprised if they still do it every now and then. :)

EDIT: http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2000/OCT/054893_BTTW_07OCT2000.html

EDIT: http://www.dangermouse.net/cricket/club.html - the variations of cricket played around the world, with basic rules listed.
Cricket max! That was the one i was thinking of. Good, if a bit hard to explain to a newbie but then again that's cricket all over really. Hope there is some more to watch this year.

SJD1974

Cricket Spectator
Zone 6 City Cricket

I think the format you were all thinking of was the Zone 6 City Cricket that the PCA organised at Hove, Sussex last year.

I remember it because I was there, and most of the day was a victim of sea-fog, making viewing quite tricky at times.

The teams were Colombo, Cape Town, Brighton & Hove, London, Leeds and Birmingham, and Colombo won the Final.

I understand it is being discontinued because interest from the public was, ironically enough, poor.

By the way, good luck to the all-stars in the USA, the Twenty20 format should (fingers crossed) be the format that is going to win over the American public.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Check out the site here!

Look's like it will be Twenty20 cricket and cricketer's earning around US$60,000.

Such cricketers included:

• Franklyn Rose
  • Parthiv Patel
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan
  • Shiverine Chanderpaul
  • Jermaine Lawson
  • Neil Johnson
  • Lance Klusener

Thoughts?
How are the WI players going to play when they are in England for the ODI's and Tests? The final is on sept 4 and they wont be finished in England by then. Also aren't Klusener and Rose playing county cricket? Dinesh Mongia is another who is mentioned elsewhere but he has just signed a short term deal with Lancashire.

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i went

well, i went to the game and here are some comments-

- game time was suppose to be 7pm, but started around 7:30

- attendance was (guess-timate) 500 people.

- NJ elected to bat first for some crazy reason, b/c they whined alot about not being able to see b/c of the sunlight shining directly into their eyes

- the first bowl ever produced the first out

- nj won, 8-137, ny was all out with 106 i believe (at 18.4 overs i think)

- a few sixes were hit, with a two going over the baseball homerun wall into the water.

- the boundery line was the walls surrounding the baseball pitch

below are some photos from the game (all rights reserved)

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=j46i8v...q2&x=0&y=ti0kn7

one_dayer

Cricket Spectator
JeffStar said:
well, i went to the game and here are some comments-

- game time was suppose to be 7pm, but started around 7:30

- attendance was (guess-timate) 500 people.

- NJ elected to bat first for some crazy reason, b/c they whined alot about not being able to see b/c of the sunlight shining directly into their eyes

- the first bowl ever produced the first out

- nj won, 8-137, ny was all out with 106 i believe (at 18.4 overs i think)

- a few sixes were hit, with a two going over the baseball homerun wall into the water.

- the boundery line was the walls surrounding the baseball pitch

below are some photos from the game (all rights reserved)

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=j46i8v...q2&x=0&y=ti0kn7
The link doesnt work?

So what did you think of it, you dont sound too impressed.

brockley

International Captain
Heard the bcci blocked all its indian players from playing,the icc has snubbed the tournament as the bcci.
Interesting to see if it is a flop since they are not playing,sami and klusener have county appointments so they can't play.
Will be interested to see how it goes the icc sure has thrown a spanner in the works.
The website for the pro tournament is cactus.

Loony BoB

International Captain
brockley said:
Heard the bcci blocked all its indian players from playing,the icc has snubbed the tournament as the bcci.
Interesting to see if it is a flop since they are not playing,sami and klusener have county appointments so they can't play.
Will be interested to see how it goes the icc sure has thrown a spanner in the works.
The website for the pro tournament is cactus.
That's a real shame. Why in the world is the ICC snubbing it?

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
That's a real shame. Why in the world is the ICC snubbing it?
Apparently the whole thing has been organised without the involvement of the ICC or the USA Cricket Association, and I guess they've decided to oppose it because of this.

Smells a bit like the establishment reaction to WSC.

BCCI Says no to USA Pro Cricket

JeffStar

one_dayer said:
The link doesnt work?

So what did you think of it, you dont sound too impressed.
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=j46i8vu.ihjftq2&x=0&y=ti0kn7

try that link, if it doesn't work, email me at bigjeff7@hotmail.com and i can fwd you the link.

actually i was impressed, overall i give it a positive review. and there were two Indian Players there, i think Tenduklar and Chopra (i am not familiar at all with indian cricket, but the crowd was really excited for the first guy). also NY had a guy who was either the opening batter or bowler for W.Indies.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
JeffStar said:
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=j46i8vu.ihjftq2&x=0&y=ti0kn7

try that link, if it doesn't work, email me at bigjeff7@hotmail.com and i can fwd you the link.

actually i was impressed, overall i give it a positive review. and there were two Indian Players there, i think Tenduklar and Chopra (i am not familiar at all with indian cricket, but the crowd was really excited for the first guy).
when did they play the match?
arent sachin and chopra in conditioning camp.

also NY had a guy who was either the opening batter or bowler for W.Indies
was he holding a bat or a ball.. :p

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raj123 said:
when did they play the match?
arent sachin and chopra in conditioning camp.

was he holding a bat or a ball.. :p
Ajay Jadeja, Nikhil Chopra, Rahul Sanghvi, Merv Dillon and Daren Ganga.

A bunch of discards and rejects.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Ajay Jadeja, Nikhil Chopra, Rahul Sanghvi, Merv Dillon and Daren Ganga.

A bunch of discards and rejects.
Sounds amazing...

Thats really going to pull everyone away from watching the mets and the yankees!

JeffStar

well, i 'd say a good reason there was such a sparse crowd was b/c there was a little (or no amount) of $ spent on advertising- people can't come if they don't know about it.

brockley

International Captain
Jadeja got 40 including 2 sixes,gave the crowd something to cheer about,not a good chase lost fairly easily who ever they were.Crown 150 :D ,i'd say its better advertised overseas than it is in america,only the faithful to turn out.