• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allan Border vs James Anderson

Who is the better test cricketer? (Ignore captaincy)

• Total voters

Bolo.

International Captain
I'm pretty sure Border is on record as saying Anderson is far better than him as a cricketer and as a man.
That wasn't the quote. Why are you trying to misrepresent like this? Sketchy as hell.

What Border actually said was ''Anderson is a far better person than me, as a cricketer, and a man. And I'm eternally greatful that porked my nan''.

Fake news from RIS, as usual.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
Border has a far more complete record than Anderson can dream of, literally one of the best records of any ATG, plus had dominating series against ATG bowlers of his era(Marshall/Garner/Holding, Imran/Sarfaraz, Botham/Willis, Hadlee in the 85 series etc) and amazing versatility from 3-6.

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Border has a far more complete record than Anderson can dream of, literally one of the best records of any ATG, plus had dominating series against ATG bowlers of his era(Marshall/Garner/Holding, Imran/Sarfaraz, Botham/Willis, Hadlee in the 85 series etc) and amazing versatility from 3-6.
Yea he was like the Steve Smith of his era