• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time best player of all teams

Langeveldt

Soutie
Aus - D Bradman
Ban - H Bashar
Eng - J Hobbs
Ind - R Dravid
NZ - R Hadlee
Pak - W Akram
Rsa - J Kallis
SL - M Muralitharan
WI - G Sobers
Zim - A Flower

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Beleg said:
Pakistan: Wasim Akram
India: Sachin Tendulkar
Sri-Lanka: Arvinda De Silva
South Africa: Barry Richards/Donald/Cronje
WI: Sobers/Lloyd/George Hadlee
England: Walter Hammond
NZ: Richard Hadlee
Australia: Bradman
Bangladesh: Bashar
Zimbabwe: Andy Flower
?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
That quote sums you up perfectly.

Make up an opinion, and then find something to back it up, ignoring those things which clearly show you to be wrong.
Or rather it sums-up your misguided ideas about me, because doing what you suggest would be one of the most pointless things ever.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
tooextracool said:
he is quite easily their best captain of all time incase you didnt know...
yes but as a player he is not better than Barry Richards,kallis or pollock if you picked players on there captiancy than stephan fleming would be nz's best player

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All depends on what you're talking about - if you're simply meaning contribution to history, Cronje is huge.
Not to mention that he could have been a much better batsman than he ended-up and was a massively underrated bowler.

tooextracool

International Coach
cric_manic said:
yes but as a player he is not better than Barry Richards,kallis or pollock if you picked players on there captiancy than stephan fleming would be nz's best player
it wasnt stated that cronje was their best player, he was one of their best. certainly cronje was a major reason why SA was the force that they were in the 90s. and certainly fleming is one of NZs best players too.

bryce

International Regular
Richard said:
Or rather it sums-up your misguided ideas about me, because doing what you suggest would be one of the most pointless things ever.
does this mean your going to stop doing it?

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
i still dont think cronje should be in the same list as richards and pollock these guys go down as greats of the game not gust as SA's best

tooextracool

International Coach
cric_manic said:
i still dont think cronje should be in the same list as richards and pollock these guys go down as greats of the game not gust as SA's best
captaincy too is a skill, the only reason why most people wont put cronje down as a great is because of the whole match fixing fiasco.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
tooextracool said:
captaincy too is a skill, the only reason why most people wont put cronje down as a great is because of the whole match fixing fiasco.
yes, thats why i think stephan fleming is under rated

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:

So you ignore information provided by someone who knows far more about reporting than you do, seeing as the person actually studied it, and decide that since the reports kind of back your theory up, so therefore they must have been written in exactly the same style as they are nowadays?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nope - I study the relative changes in style and the relative similarities.
I don't ignore someone who knows far more about reporting than I do - I do, however, know that his take on this specific thing has never actually been applied to the situation, because you've never asked him about it - given that you've stated the last time you saw him was before the thing cropped-up.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Aus - D Bradman
Ban - H Bashar
Eng - J Hobbs
Ind - R Dravid
NZ - R Hadlee
Pak - W Akram
Rsa - J Kallis
SL - M Muralitharan
WI - G Sobers
Zim - A Flower
Does this mean you have buried the hatchet on Murali ? :) :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia - Sir Don Bradman
England - Syd Barnes
South Africa - Graeme Pollock
India - Sachin Tendulkar
New Zealand - Sir Richard Hadlee
Pakistan - Imran Khan
West Indies - Sir Gary Sobers
Sri Lanka - Muttiah Muralitharan
Zimbabwe - Andy Flower
Bangladesh - no idea

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
For crying out loud - he's studied it, but you still are making out that you know better.
I know better than you - whether or not I know better than him is not possible to comment on, as no-one has done any meaningful comparison.
For all I know he might never have studied the situation.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So he's now a liar is he?

And seeing as what you are claiming has been shown to be wrong compared to what I am saying, how does that show you know more than me about it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Keep avoiding the issue if you want.
I've not commented on what he knows, because the fact is, neither you nor me know what he knows about the issue, because the last time you spoke to him was before the issue cropped-up between you and me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
JASON said:
Does this mean you have buried the hatchet on Murali ? :) :D

Not at all.. Can't stand the guy's bowling and how he is nothing more than a one man walking controversy that has turned cricket upside down
But stats don't lie.. And if I put Chaminda Vaas up there, I'd have been lambasted from every where..
Just keeping you guys happy rather than thinking on my own...