• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-time Australia XIs - A re-run

kyear2

International Coach
Warne

Smith
Ponting

Ponting vs Chappell is always nip and tuck for me, honestly practically equal for me.

Flip of a coin, Punter today.

Border will be my no. 6

kyear2

International Coach
No need for that. Smith and can be any one of Chappell/Border/Ponting/Waugh at 5. Miller the AR at 6. Simpson's bowling was about on par with Ted Dexter. 6th bowler type.
Miller isn't viable or required at 6 in the lineup for me, but may be in the minority.

Will see.

kyear2

International Coach
You don't really like Miller, do you? And all-rounders in general, you underrate Miller's batting so much. Anyway, he's miles better cricketer than Border.
Nothing to do with not liking Miller, he was a charismatic person and cricketer. A war hero.

I don't want to disparage him either, dude was a top 5 all rounder of all time.

His test batting was well below this standard, almost half his test hundreds came in one series on concrete pancakes.

If you aren't good enough to make the team on either discipline, then I don't see how you make it by compromising on both.

Just my philosophy and not a slight to Miller.

MexicanRiver

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nothing to do with not liking Miller, he was a charismatic person and cricketer. A war hero.

I don't want to disparage him either, dude was a top 5 all rounder of all time.

His test batting was well below this standard, almost half his test hundreds came in one series on concrete pancakes.

If you aren't good enough to make the team on either discipline, then I don't see how you make it by compromising on both.

Just my philosophy and not a slight to Miller.
He makes into team as a bowler alone as a 4th seamer. Guys like border aren't good enough to be 10% of Miller the cricketer.

kyear2

International Coach
He makes into team as a bowler alone as a 4th seamer. Guys like border aren't good enough to be 10% of Miller the cricketer.
There's no such position as 4th seamer and the last sentence literally doesn't make any sense.

I'm not going to relitigate, but the amount of overs he will be getting, IMO isn't worth the tremendous drop off in batting.

That's it.