• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi takes over most sixes record

Duncan

U19 Debutant
An average of 33 isn't bad at all... hopefully he can keep this up and boost his average up. Right now it's at 24 which isn't very flattering. But his strike rate is very impressive... 102 in all matches and 200 in this series!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
considering afridi's overall impact to world cricket and pakistani cricket, i can't think of a more insignificant world record or world record holder...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Duncan said:
What's your point... ok, there isn't many 300 scores there but if you are trying to suggest they are all being scored in the subcontinent then you are wrong.
Only disproving what someone claimed about the conditions worldwide.

Clearly the lack of 300+ scores is for a reason - ie the pitches aren't as easy.

C_C

International Captain
Only disproving what someone claimed about the conditions worldwide.

Clearly the lack of 300+ scores is for a reason - ie the pitches aren't as easy.
Incorrect.
ENG or NZ dont have a hall of famer batting lineup anyways and as such, since they will play the lion's share of matches on their shores, 300+ isnt very viable.
But check opposition teams....275-300+ is not rare.....infact it isnt rare anywhere in the world anymore.

Eclipse

International Debutant
What i find awesome is Sehwag's six-hitting in test cricket.

For someone who averages over 50, he is the only one i think who has sixes at almost 1 six/test.
He's not that good, he avrages 0.59 sixes per game.. Gilchrist on the other hand 0.65 per game.

cricket player

International Debutant
When i hope fully make my debut.Hopefully i will do the same thing make a world record and then carry on.Forgot to mention that the guy is from part of peshawer he is pathan and pathan people are one strong kinds of people.I have alot of pathan friends and i can speak pashto aswell the official language of pathans.

C_C

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Neil's just shown how incorrect that is.
No he hasnt.
The low 300+ scores is because of england/NZ's lack of batting ability and the subcontinental teams not playing there very often.

C_C

International Captain
Eclipse said:
He's not that good, he avrages 0.59 sixes per game.. Gilchrist on the other hand 0.65 per game.
I am talking TESTS here...Sehwag has 30 sixes from 31 tests so far.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag309 said:
I merely suggested that sub-con had the culture of going for bit hits...they either like to do it, can do it or merely like to please the crazy-public there which is constantly on their back

But others came with flat pitches, what not! everyone has their own theory

Ab the HACKS?..I guess u didnt get it when I said OUTBACK?..Aussie Outback
I understood what you meant but i had no idea what relavance it has...??..

I live in the outback? hmmm lol... doesnt look like outback to me!

anyway, who cares

shaka

International Regular
Afridi hit some good looking sixes in the second final against Australia. boosted his total 6's in his ODI career. Closing on the 200 mark

C_C

International Captain
Eclipse said:
I'm talking test's as well lol...

look at the stats..

How is 30 sixes in 31 tests compute to 0.59 sixes per game ?
30 divided by 31 isnt 0.59...i can assure you that.

Eclipse

International Debutant
C_C said:
How is 30 sixes in 31 tests compute to 0.59 sixes per game ?
30 divided by 31 isnt 0.59...i can assure you that.
sorry that was sixes per inning not per game..

ether way Gilly hits more.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
The low 300+ scores is because of england/NZ's lack of batting ability and the subcontinental teams not playing there very often.
Rubbish - there's 2 teams in every game.

The reason is because the conditions are not conducive to such big hitting.

C_C

International Captain
Rubbish - there's 2 teams in every game.

The reason is because the conditions are not conducive to such big hitting.
Big hitting has been commonplace since the early 90s. From then tillnow, ENG and NZ have not had a quality batting lineup.
50% of matches in ENG and NZ are played by these wonky batting lineups.
Also ENG or NZ host a lot less ODI cricket than the subcontient does.

It all adds up really.
The english and the aussies have traditionally performed below par on the subcontinental pitches because it is a different condition than ENG or AUS.
As usual, different gets termed in less than complimentary terms.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
The english and the aussies have traditionally performed below par on the subcontinental pitches because it is a different condition than ENG or AUS.
As usual, different gets termed in less than complimentary terms.
No, nobody is being uncomplientary - just pointing out that their much more batsman friendly, as shown by the number of 300+ innings over there compared to England and NZ.

The conditions are simply not conducive to those scores.

C_C

International Captain
No, nobody is being uncomplientary - just pointing out that their much more batsman friendly, as shown by the number of 300+ innings over there compared to England and NZ.

The conditions are simply not conducive to those scores.
It is not the pitch.
It is the crappy NZ and ENG batting lineups.