• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adult cricket bundle set

adam6177

Cricket Spectator
Hi all

My 11 year old plays for his club 2-3 times a week at the moment, plus training and it's given me the idea to have a go myself as I used to play in my teens (I'm nearly 44 now).

I spoke to the guy that runs his club and having 3 adults teams he says there is always a place for a noob.

So I need to have a look at kit....from memory, although it's important to have good fitting pads etc the most important items are helmet and bat, but having not played for nearly 30 years I need to get fully kitted up.

What do you think of bundle sets? I don't want to spend a lot incase I'm not up to it.

I can't post links due to be a noob I guess, but there are some where you can basically get everything for sub £200

I realise the bat won't be up to much, but to start....

Cheers

Adam

I'm open to suggestions and education.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I think you can start with it for now, just upgrade later if you improve significantly. Though I must say, I am an Indian and decent kits are probably cheaper here than UK, and £200 including bat still sounds a bit too cheap to me.

adam6177

Cricket Spectator
I think you can start with it for now, just upgrade later if you improve significantly. Though I must say, I am an Indian and decent kits are probably cheaper here than UK, and £200 including bat still sounds a bit too cheap to me.
Thanks for the reply... I would expect the bat to be pretty awful, but the rest of the kit wouldn't affect performance so much I'm guessing?

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Thanks for the reply... I would expect the bat to be pretty awful, but the rest of the kit wouldn't affect performance so much I'm guessing?
Nah, I don't think the rest of the kit will possess much problems. I will still suggest you to buy the individual things separately within your budget as I believe it will cheaper for the other gear and you will find a better bat.

fabinasari

Cricket Spectator
Hi Adam!

It's great to hear you're getting back into cricket! At complx fitness personal trainer, we often emphasize the importance of staying active, and cricket is a fantastic choice for fitness and fun. Bundle sets can be a cost-effective way to get started, especially if you're not sure how much you'll play. While the bat might not be top-tier, it should be fine for getting back into the swing of things. Prioritize a good helmet and pads for safety. As you get more comfortable, you can always upgrade your gear. Enjoy the game and have fun out there! Cheers!